Security Installer Community

Hikvision Email/SMTP

Anyone had any issues setting up the email notification on the Hikvision DVRs?

Tried various SMTP servers/settings, gmail, easySMTP, SMTP2go etcbut no joy.

Tried a couple of machines both on my local LAN and remote to rule out any routing issues.

Whenever I try the test function it just fails.

Any ideas?

My Hikvision gmail stopped working last week but i have since found this solution that works:

change smtp.gmail.com to the corresponding IP address (74.125.68.108) and the test email works

74.125.68.109 also works apparently.

Gmail have made some changes to help prevent machine to machine type communications.  In the T&C's I believe it says that Gmail is for personal human use.

The changes suggested above currently work, but I's suggest keeping on top of any amendments if you use on customer sites...

Alternatively, buy a domain from someone like UK2.net for £4 and use that.

TSS

Communication is "A question asked, and an Opinion given." I offer mine to help you with yours.

Statements I make are my personal views only at the time they are posted, if I offend you sorry, must be taken in context and do not neccesarily represent those of my employer.

There have been some DNS issues in the last week in your area Lymebayalarms... related to the broadband infrastructure not Gmail

TSS

Communication is "A question asked, and an Opinion given." I offer mine to help you with yours.

Statements I make are my personal views only at the time they are posted, if I offend you sorry, must be taken in context and do not neccesarily represent those of my employer.

Well oddly its now started to work, although when I use the test function it still shows failed but pings out fine on motion etc.

Did note that GMail was winding back access from machines, hence why I had a quick look at smtp2go etc.

cheers all for the response.

LBA

• 1 month later...

Gmail new SMTP IP address: July 2016

Change the SMTP server to 74.125.136.109 and it will all work again

TSS