Security Installer Community

Telecom elite 48-w install

Nieldmail

9 hours ago, AdrianMealing said:

Any reason the customer did not alert you to the low battery warnings?

Also be interested if changing all the batteries solves the issue. I had a similar experience on my own house alarm, nothing to do with batteries in the end, it was a new mobile phone mast being installed close to the house, and commissioned, obviously overpowered, cleared after a couple of hours not had a problem since. I have a modified PIR I can use to detect jamming, nothing at the back of the house, in constant jam at the front.

I also have a problem site, that keeps rearing it head up. changed expander, changed all batts. Whats the model PIR you have and how do i get one?

13 hours ago, Simlec said:

As i said the time is between 3-15min before the detector becomes active again in auto mode.

When I tested, i was getting average 7min.

Do you know why are PIRs set to auto by default? Now reading this I can't see any reason to ever have anything on Auto. 

On hybrid, does the panel arm the device as soon as the system is set? With no down time while set?

I assume on auto, once it's had its down time it's armed, ready for instant trigger?

8 hours ago, isecurity said:

I also have a problem site, that keeps rearing it head up. changed expander, changed all batts. Whats the model PIR you have and how do i get one?

Contact tech support, tell them i sent you and ask for a jam detector, not available to purchase but easy to use on a site with potential jamming issues. The LED stays on if jamming is detected. Goes off when there is no jamming.

amealing@texe.com

Head of Industry Affairs

Visit Our Website
Texecom

28 minutes ago, AdrianMealing said:

Contact tech support, tell them i sent you and ask for a jam detector, not available to purchase but easy to use on a site with potential jamming issues. The LED stays on if jamming is detected. Goes off when there is no jamming.

Thanks Adrian, ill enquire tomorrow

to be fair the first time I had a jamming fault was after I let a low battery go all the way to jamming fault.  walked in and set my hard wired devices off, but wanted to see what happened and I still had protection. But the low battery was logged for a long time before it got to the jammed state.

as for timings never had a 7 minute wait either, after setting everything up complete the commissioning of the mesh using ricochet monitor to monitor the status, when its 100% complete, then do  my walk test, always wary that those near foot traffic may have been activated and sleeping.

as for modes I always leave in the default mode they were learned on as that's what was recommended seem to recall years ago putting a quad in hybrid mode threw a wobbler I am guessing that's been addressed a long time ago now. Change batteries every 2 years seems to work fine.

always awake permanently on

auto sleeps for 3 mins after being activated

hybrid I believe is on when the system is armed and if you get the rotating line it represents the devices being started up

49 minutes ago, secureiam said:

to be fair the first time I had a jamming fault was after I let a low battery go all the way to jamming fault.  walked in and set my hard wired devices off, but wanted to see what happened and I still had protection. But the low battery was logged for a long time before it got to the jammed state.

as for timings never had a 7 minute wait either, after setting everything up complete the commissioning of the mesh using ricochet monitor to monitor the status, when its 100% complete, then do  my walk test, always wary that those near foot traffic may have been activated and sleeping.

as for modes I always leave in the default mode they were learned on as that's what was recommended seem to recall years ago putting a quad in hybrid mode threw a wobbler I am guessing that's been addressed a long time ago now. Change batteries every 2 years seems to work fine.

always awake permanently on

auto sleeps for 3 mins after being activated

hybrid I believe is on when the system is armed and if you get the rotating line it represents the devices being started up

You will be surprised when after 3min and your PIR still will not respond. Put an auto PIR on with chime and see the results.

Question

so when these ricochet devices go flat, why are they jamming? I believe that was my issue and I see it mentioned above 

a simple point tamper  would suffice! 

I can only assume with a low battery the communications between devices goes a bit hit or miss like when you have poor signal on your radio, and the panel/receiver see this a jamming.