Security Installer Community

Query of unknown name

Hi all,

Sorry all, I don't really know what to call this query; it's not 'setting up business' per sé, but is related...

A national company approach you. They ask if you pay a fee to become an 'approved installer', you get little things such as Window/Van stickers, new uniform with your/their logo and all that, but you also would get paid to install all alarms on behalf of this company with a 30 mile radius of your base, as well as all alarm maintenance etc. All alarms and accessories are supplied. There are no restrictions on you continuing to fit your own alarms. Plus you benefit from their nation TV/radio advertising etc. So it's almost like a franchise, but your still your company and working for yourself.

Would this be worthwhile? And how much would you be looking to get per Wireless Alarm install under something like this?

Thanks I advance.

Sounds like a dealership / franchise, i know a few people that got their fingers burnt by a large national, as their sales reps were selling systems to people who couldn't make the repayments and the T & C s were very good to make sure they didn't lose out.

Edited by Nova-Security

www.nova-security.co.uk

www.nsiapproved.co.uk

No PMs please unless i know you or you are using this board with your proper name.

8 minutes ago, Nova-Security said:

Sounds like a dealership / franchise, i know a few people that got their fingers burnt by a large national, as their sales reps were selling systems to people who couldn't make the repayments and the T & C s were very good to make sure they didn't lose out.

Good advice. Thanks for your reply.

Hard if at all possible for them to come to you because the customer could't afford it, the franchise should still be credit checking the work you bring in, once it's signed over it's their issue.

Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.

31 minutes ago, norman said:

Hard if at all possible for them to come to you because the customer could't afford it, the franchise should still be credit checking the work you bring in, once it's signed over it's their issue.

Makes sense.

Thanks for your input :)

Generally, if things seem too good to be true they are... They're called clawbacks.

if you decide to do it, setup an LLP and make sure you don't give any guarantees on your house etc even for the bank!

once bitten twice shy

• Upvote 1

TSS

Communication is "A question asked, and an Opinion given." I offer mine to help you with yours.

Statements I make are my personal views only at the time they are posted, if I offend you sorry, must be taken in context and do not neccesarily represent those of my employer.

2 minutes ago, TSS said:

Generally, if things seem too good to be true they are... They're called clawbacks.

if you decide to do it, setup an LLP and make sure you don't give any guarantees on your house etc even for the bank!

once bitten twice shy

Sound advice. Really appreciate your reply.

read the terms before signing up.

how many approved installers do they have in the 30 mile radius and how many system do they have in your 30 mile radius?

sub contractors pay a fee to work for a company?

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, secureiam said:

read the terms before signing up.

how many approved installers do they have in the 30 mile radius and how many system do they have in your 30 mile radius?

sub contractors pay a fee to work for a company?

All good points for me to consider. Thanks :)

There would be one approved installer in that radius.

And yes, the sub contractors pay the fee, but it does have the perks mentioned (if that's the right word lol).

1 hour ago, MrHappy said:

I can't think of successful alarm installer franchise ?

Dyno does'nt seem to have done much,

Yale or Stanley would probably have the marketable names....

Actually, nor can I come to think of it... Lol