Security Installer Community

Entry / Exit routes

Hi everyone. I'm new here and been lurking and reading through threads for the past few days.

I'm moving house soon and have bought and pretty much finished programming the Enforcer Homecontrol+ kit. Idea is that when we get the keys most of the alarm set up is done. One thing that I'm a bit confused about are the input types. My confusion probably relates to alarm installs in general rather than specific to the panel I'm using. 

If i want to be able to get to the panel to enter my code by entering the house from the front or back door should I have all PIR sensors on that route set to "Entry Route" with door contacts for each set to "Final Exit"?

...and all other sensors not on that route set to "Intruder"? 

Really appreciate any help and sorry if this has been covered but I've not managed to find a thread on it. 

5 hours ago, james.wilson said:

what made you buy that gear?

but yes you should set devices on the entry route to that

Thanks. As for the purchase choice. I read reviews on wireless systems.. General consensus was that two-way signalling was important and that the Pyronix was pretty user friendly to set up. Was either that or the ricochet but heard it was harder to use. 

Originally was looking at the Panasonic Smarthome stuff but even they admit its not a replacement for a proper security system and the Home control still gives smartphone alerts. 

Not cheap though.