Security Installer Community

Texeom 24 issues

I am quite new to Texecom, but I find Wintex quite good, I would hate to have to program a system by the RKP, But It am get better at it.

I am assuming you are talking about a Elite 24 running V3.01.

I am assuming you are connecting Z1 to Alarm and Z2 to Tamper, or are you using the AUX Fault for the Tamper?

Although, I would question if you have rewired the system, why you are not using the EOL wiring??? )(Unless you have more than 3 Contacts per circuit). The diagnosis is much more intuitive with this configuration.

Connect and open the Diagnosis, You can view the all the zone resistances in this window.

If you are still stuck, I would be happy to look at your config, just PM me.

Also Texecom Support is very good. (assuming you are an installer?)

Edited by QSXS

8 hours ago, QSXS said:

I am quite new to Texecom, but I find Wintex quite good, I would hate to have to program a system by the RKP, But It am get better at it.

I am assuming you are talking about a Elite 24 running V3.01.

I am assuming you are connecting Z1 to Alarm and Z2 to Tamper, or are you using the AUX Fault for the Tamper?

Although, I would question if you have rewired the system, why you are not using the EOL wiring??? )(Unless you have more than 3 Contacts per circuit). The diagnosis is much more intuitive with this configuration.

Connect and open the Diagnosis, You can view the all the zone resistances in this window.

If you are still stuck, I would be happy to look at your config, just PM me.

Also Texecom Support is very good. (assuming you are an installer?)

I was thinking how is the tamper done as on the 24 it's so much more work not using end of line,

I was hoping for a photo:D

the detection devices are wired double pole, so on the 24 you would have to wire the alarm into one zone and the tamper as a global or spare zone.

What does the panel see in the event log, as this will tell you what it has registered in order.

If you cant set the alarm panel, then ensuring you have left walk test properly (ie come out of walk test rather than the engineer time out), exited the menus if using the keypad, set the alarm with the user code, if the arming mode hasn't been changed the panel will be looking for the  door to open then close, rather than a timed exit.

As for the time and date like many panels that's because the system has had a complete power down and reboot.

Edited by secureiam