Security Installer Community

Fire at clandon park

WDT

I know people have discussed fire and stuff on here, A friend of mine who was a fireman on scene that day of the clandon park fire thought i might like to look at the report as we have talked about how they work out the cause of a fire, I also thought some of you guys may like some light bed time reading and there is photos at the end,

http://www.surreycc.gov.uk/people-and-community/surrey-fire-and-rescue/surrey-fire-and-rescue-services-fire-investigation-report-clandon-park

Loose N. That's how an otherwise very good electrician friend of mine cause £1m+ worth of damage to a new-build nightclub that hadn't even opened.

He forgot to tighten the N nut on the main busbar and then as the occupier moved in and ramped up the load...

So, I've decided to take my work back underground.... to stop it falling into the wrong hands

14 hours ago, WDT said:

I know people have discussed fire and stuff on here

Amendment 2 calls for metal boards to contain fire due to loose connections on domestic installs....

does'nt appear to have worked very well on this one ;)

Mr? Veritas God

Did you guys like the report I found it interesting, Didn't find any pics of the fire alarm so not sure where they got the info from, unless that was from who ever checked the fire panel when it was first activated.

You engineer read the report :shy: like in the film short circuit

It said that the roof space sensor was the first activation,

Maybe i am very sad reading it that well,

I am over your way tommorow in bristol,

IIRC the fire at Clandon was discovered by staff investigating why the socket they where using for their computer had switched off ?

Opened cupboard door to check consumer unit to find a cupboard full of flames ?

Mr? Veritas God

******** you've got me reading this again...

INCIDENT NARRATIVE 1 Action Before Arrival of the Fire and Rescue Service 1.1 Prior to the time of call to the fire service, a member of the Surrey Infantry Museum staff was working in the museum basement office when his computer lost power. He went to the fuse board to investigate the loss of power and on opening the cupboard discovered that there is a fire inside. 1.2 He has contacted National Trust Staff, who responded to the basement area, isolated the power at the main electrical intake in the plant room and then at 16:08 hours dialled 999 on her mobile phone and requested the fire service. 1.3 The house is open to the public and the National Trust staff and volunteers then evacuated the building.

the report only mentions "alarm" twice- 

As part of the investigation the building’s fire alarm panel information was accessed and the timing and location of activated smoke detectors show that prior to the arrival of the fire service smoke had travelled to the roof space.

Rapid Fire Spread It is believed that the rapid fire spread observed at this incident occurred when the fire quickly reached the lift shaft allowing the smoke and fire to rapidly spread to each floor of the building and into the roof space. It is believed the fire was able to spread in to the room above the distribution board cupboard due to a lack of fire compartmentation above the board. An electrical contractor's report in 2010 noted a lack of fire stop/barrier to the ceiling recesses of the distribution board cupboard. This report did not recommend any remedial work regarding this issue Additional evidence of this comes from the fire alarm panel information. In addition to the lift shaft this building had horizontal ceiling voids in between each floor and many other hidden voids that accommodated unseen, rapid fire spread

Mr? Veritas God

2 minutes ago, MrHappy said:

IIRC the fire at Clandon was discovered by staff investigating why the socket they where using for their computer had switched off ?

Opened cupboard door to check consumer unit to find a cupboard full of flames ?

As part of the investigation the building’s fire alarm panel information was
accessed and the timing and location of activated smoke detectors show that
prior to the arrival of the fire service smoke had travelled to the roof space.

Ok good point it does not say the first activated

• 5 months later...