Security Installer Community

Alarm Activation Problems

Gordyrat52

Hello and thank you for accepting me,

Hopefully someone can help me, I am having problems with my optima compact alarm, the alarm system keeps going off at random times, mostly in the middle of the night

waking us and most of our neighbours up, it has no set pattern and goes off even when not set, can anyone advise me what the problem maybe please

To be honest, I purchased an ex council property and the alarm was already installed, it has been in for quite a number of years now, it just seems to activate and random times

and also doesn't always reset first time, could it be a battery problem maybe, I don't think the battery has been exchanged for quite a long time

The alarm panel should show what is setting it off, the Leds show the cause, like tamper led on shows a tamper fault which would need to be checked to see which circuit is causing the fault, This could be any circuit(zone), outside siren, keypad, control panel, damaged cable,

A faulty battery can cause some random faults so in a word yes but not always,

• 3 weeks later...

The obvious reply to this is it is likely to be a tamper condition if the alarm is un-set, I also agree with the above comments a defective battery could cause random activations, it is worth considering electrical spikes so use product CPS3 from ACT Meters this will help protect against electrical spikes.