Security Installer Community

Programming G2 to G3

Having thoroughly confused architects, specifiers and engineers for years with the G2 and G3 range of intruder alarms, Honeywell's new fire panel range will be the P1, L2, L3 and don't forget the popular LD3... ;0

Hi

i wish the only difference between grade 2 and grade3 was only how the panel the programed  and not the anti mask detectors and the contacts  that will only work on a perfectly fitting door or the roller shutter contacts that have to align perfectly  and when you have installed every thing  and it works  the insurance assessor said  but the detectors and the panel  look the same as normal  and why have fitted redcare gsm  i only wanted  a redcare  

NSI and SSAIB said they would help me get to grips with all that regs stuff, so ask them for guidance in plain English.

Every part of the system needs to be grade 3 is my understanding and programed according to the regulations for grade 3.

So the device has to be grade 3 capable and installed and programmed accordingly for grade 3, anything on the system below grade 3 will drag the system below grade 3.

That's is as general an overview as I can offer, but I suspect you want something more specific, on detection and on what programming options or how the panel should function as grade 3 over grade 2.

@ petercts Seriously that can't be right, perfectly fitting doors versus securely shut and locked doors?

Hi try the operating  gap on a g3 shutter contact  the magnet has to lock into the contact  it is  only 20mm gap and has to align left to right  the shutter has to close in the same spot every time, even the concealed door contact gap is only 4mm

And who has a customer who locks all the doors with a contact on yet alone does not cover a detector behind  a cereal box  so it shows a mask fault or the forklift driver parks in front  of the long range dt  get used to more service phone  calls .the worst is to push more than one panic button to get a confirmed  pa signal

grade 3 is great on paper but  the real world takes more time to install and the equipment  cost and availability on the shelf brings the need to carry far more kit  remember if a detector or contact needs to be replaced on a service call  even a simple

junction box has to be grade 3  but once you get used to it  everything fall into place