Security Installer Community

Optima XM Alarm

Guest chucka

I have a Optima Alarm that was present when I bought the house severn years ago and I did have a engineer out about year ago to service the alarm .

Anyway I have a problem when I came home the wife said the alarm was activated thus I entered the code and all's was ok except when I try to enter the alarm code (In Day indicator mode) to exit the house it continually bleeps and Zone 4 Red LED is constantly on and this bleeps continually and the second tone bleep doesn't activates as before.

Thus on entering the alarm code Zone 4 LED is on .

Please advise on fixing this issue .

TIA

Chuck

What ever is on zone 4 (window,pir,door etc) is seen as open by the panel.Check the device (does the pir light up , has the door contact still got 2 halves??).

:)

28347[/snapback]

Sorry if wrong forum Zone 4 is relating to ADE Optima XM House Alarm .

cheers

Chuck

Sorry if wrong forum Zone 4 is relating to ADE Optima XM House Alarm .

cheers

Chuck

28348[/snapback]

Yep we know what an optima is chuck!

Zone 4 is a sensor of some kind or another, a door contact, a pir, whatever it is thats what you need to look at.

Chances are it is a door contact and maybe its wet with all the damp weather we have had. Just a guess but whatever it is you either need find out what zone 4 is or get an engineer to look at it for you.

Yep we know what an optima is chuck!

Zone 4 is a sensor of some kind or another, a door contact, a pir, whatever it is thats what you need to look at.

Chances are it is a door contact and maybe its wet with all the damp weather we have had. Just a guess but whatever it is you either need find out what zone 4 is or get an engineer to look at it for you.

28367[/snapback]

Hi Zone 4 is a pir light i.e I have inthe kitchen a Detector and the Red light acts with movement I assume that's the pir light device .

I have tried the omit it (code ,omit , 4, set) but I have to do this every time leave the house and hence zone 4 isn't activated .

If the zone 4 device is seen as open by the panel how do I cancel this or do I have to toggle with the device any suggestions as my contract is up and my house is up for sale .

TIA

Hi Zone 4 is a pir light i.e I  have inthe kitchen a Detector and the Red light acts with movement I assume that's the pir light device .

I have tried the omit it (code ,omit , 4, set) but  I  have to do this every time leave the house and hence zone 4 isn't activated .

If the zone 4 device is seen as open by the panel how do I cancel this or do I have to toggle with the device any suggestions as my contract is up and my house is up for sale .

TIA

28470[/snapback]

Hi Me again yes it's a PIR Motion dector that responds with the red light .

But how do I check it without tampering with it as it just points in the general direction of the Kitchen Zone 4 .

TIA

Try a walk test :-

PROG ,

CODE ,

0 , alarm tests

5 , walk test (lights + beep )

0 ,to cancel

RESET ,RESET.

If zone 4 is on all the time , then either the detector is goosed , or the wiring.

You could bypass it at the panel with a link to prove this, but that would leave the property unprotected.

Try a walk test :-

PROG ,

CODE ,

0 , alarm tests

5 , walk test  (lights + beep )

0 ,to cancel

RESET ,RESET.

If zone 4 is on all the time ,  then either the detector is goosed , or the wiring.

You could bypass it at the panel with a link to prove this, but that would leave the property unprotected.

cheers again I will try the alarm test .

I hope it's not the wiring as it basically impossible to get too had the ceiling renovated thus wait and see after I run the test .

Thanks for your help I have a better understanding now as well as downloading the manual I never had .

Chuck

28478[/snapback]

28482[/snapback]

Hi Again I did the walk test and Zone 4 is still Open .

Thus I will just omit zone 4 for the ime being and when I have to sell get the man whom serviced it last time out .

cheers for the help at least I got a better understanding of the problem and how my alarm system works .

Archived