Security Installer Community

Honeywell Galaxy 2-12 Wiring Help Needed

btssn

Hi,

Installation is of a galaxy 2-12 panel with 2 x keypads, 4 x bosch blue line gen 2 grade 2 pirs, 2 x door contacts and 2 x pyronix deltabell sirens.

I have managed to power up panel with no faults by adding 1k resistors I made sure there was no faults I then 4 x pir sensors all working fine. However I am struggling with a few issues as I have not used the galaxy panel before and wiring was already done, I am just carrying out commission and test for a family relation.

1. The siren is not working correctly so far have only wired in 1, I have enabled battery, set to scb and is set to default negative applied,  connections as below;

Bell Box                                               Control Panel

+ 12vBell +12V

-12V0V

Strobe Strobe

BellBell +12v ?

TTrigger

TT

Then added a link from T on control panel to 0V

The siren has flashing alternate led’s but fails to operate when alarm is set off do I need to program galaxy 2 for output ? also please confirm wiring I am unsure of bell to bell +12v connection.Also when connection of 2 sirens how do I loop the tamper. I am confident with a multimeter and can measure voltages and continuity.

I have attached scan of installation guide and panel layout.

1. How do I add and wire up the door contact as panel requires 2K can I use 2 terminal and 4 terminal or should I scrap those purchased and buy these ?

https://www.securitywarehouse.co.uk/catalog/elmdene-rft-flush-20mm-brown-contact-grade-2-green-resistors-p-4175.html

Your help and suggestions appreciated in advance, I have not wired up the galaxy panel before I have wired up many Honeywell panels in the past including the accenta / optima range.

pyronix_siren.jpg2 bell circuit.jpggalaxy_2_12_bb.jpggalaxy_2_12_mp.jpg

so just to clarify bell goes to trigger output ? t is connected to tamper return and link 0v and t in bellbox ?

And to connect front and rear bellboxes together how do i link the tamper return and power

Also how is wiring done for contacts should i use door contacts with built in resistors ?

Edited by btssn

Do one bellbox first,contacts with built in resistors maybe easier for you

Would be fourth terminal from left little bell symbol is the trigger to go into the bell input on the bell

The little star is the fith which is strobe

• 1 month later...

I managed to wire both sounders using tamper in series, i set one sounder to scb and other to sab, i then fitted two contacts one with built in resistors so i cut the 1 k resistors for tamper and switch and wired bot wires to zone 1 and 0. The other contact i added a resistor between tamper and alarm and wired to zone 2 and 0.
So that the panel sees 1K closed and 2K open all is working fine and have programmed and tested.

Edited by james.wilson
AT btssn request correcting typo