Security Installer Community

View Zone Status

Just looking to clarify something. 

We are building a bit of software were we want to see the zone status of all zones through the software for a manned guard station type scenario.

We are looking at using the SIA signals as inputs but I was wondering what the regs are on seeing Intruder Alarm zone status via third party equipment/software.

I know obviously that keypads shouldn't be shown past 30 secs so this is making me wary about other devices/software showing any alarm information. 

Anyone know the reg numbers I need to look up?

Are you using a mimic board or is this more a mimic screen. Using Extened format suggest you may be mimicking the ARC. If it's just status on screen then why aren't you using the control panel integration software. I read and re read your post and my initial conclusion was your trying to reinvent a wheel?

The boss has commissioned someone to build some software that integrates several different systems into one user interface and hes asked me to look into the regs side of things with the alarm integreation.  

Its going to be a bit of software so it would be on a screen showing alarm zone status but not armed status as I'm sure thats not allowed. I don't mind trawling through the regs but not sure which ones to read