Security Installer Community

Intruder Alarm Recommendation

Hi all,

I'm new here :-D.

I would really appreciate some help.

i'm just in the middle of renovating my house and have pulled all the cables for the alarm. however, i'm not too sure which intruder system to get.

Ideally, i'd like downstairs and upstairs to have their own zones and to have a dialler.

i wouldn't mind paying good money for something decent.

Thank you.

Thank you for the replies all.

I've pulled all the cables to where all the sensors will be placed.  however, i've forgotten to add in a sensor in 1 location so will be looking at a hybrid system which can manage both wired and wireless.

there will be 2 zones.

i'm afraid i've not got a clue about installations.  i'd just like to look at what hardware is available and get someone to install for me.

any recommendations of any particular systems?

i'm afraid i've not got a clue about installations. i'd just like to look at what hardware is available and get someone to install for me.

any recommendations of any particular systems?

I'd suggest if that's the case you just get a few quotes and go with what those companies recommend rather than what you ask them to fit! I'm sure if you put your location there maybe somebody on here who covers your area.

What size cables did you run? Could you run one from nearest location to cover the ones you missed?

Here is the cable that i used.

Its just the one cable i forgot to run. all the walls, ceilings etc has now bee skimmed. I really don't want any cables to be visible and it'll be too much work so that's why i'm wanting just the one sensor to be wireless.

Morning,

Where are you located I would be interested in quoting to install for you.

my postcode is rm8.

Most DIY sheds (and to be honest most electrical type places, even if aimed at trade) sell Copper Coated Alumium cable, aka CCA

Indeed go to trade places like CPC, Neweys and Denmans and you'll not be able to buy anything else but CCA.

Your local security counter will sell it too, but will always offer many other pure copper alternatives.

CCA is frankly horrible tat and I, and *most* decent installers IMHO won't use it on a proper job.

However, it sounds as if - from the description, whcih might be wrong - screwfix sell proper 'copper' cable and TBH at that price it should be.

If it is, it's a good start in terms of ease of wiring (stripping cable) and zone resistance.

Edited by datadiffusion

So, I've decided to take my work back underground.... to stop it falling into the wrong hands