Security Installer Community

Job Offer

Ive Had a job offer starting off in a trainee position but gonna be 3500 year worse off. Only for a few months though till im trained & go on too full engineer pay. But it means less weekends and more sociable hours for me and its an open door to the industry that i have been wanting to get into full time. I just been doing odd days with differant companies when im off from my current job.

I know im the only person who can decide this

Just wondered on your thoughts

Sometimes you have to play the long game

The opinions I express are mine and are usually correct!

(Except when I'm wrong)(which I'm not)

Ive Had a job offer starting off in a trainee position but gonna be 3500 year worse off. Only for a few months though till im trained & go on too full engineer pay. But it means less weekends and more sociable hours for me and its an open door to the industry that i have been wanting to get into full time. I just been doing odd days with differant companies when im off from my current job.

I know im the only person who can decide this

Just wondered on your thoughts

It's more the "few months and I'll be trained" bit id be more concerned about...

It's more the "few months and I'll be trained" bit id be more concerned about...

Think its more to learn the way they want the job doing. But i will admit there are somethings i dont know & somethings i do.

I have start of somewhere i suppose, long think over the long weekend for me

On a serious note a career is if not the most important, it is one of the most important things you are going to choose in your life. Think about what you want to be doing with your life, a few of us have made a very good living from this industry, but I would say it is al relative. Its not about money its about happiness in what you do, its about having no regrets, if you want to do, then it do it, so long as you can afford to live on the wages. I would say at least a year not a few months to up your wage £3.5k, Ive just upped my trainee by £4k he has been with me just over a year and has had only one pay rise of £1k in that time, but he is now earning the co money whereas for a long time he was costing as he was slowing engineers down.  

I put up with a very low wage when i was apprentice. Do you have a full apprenticeship yet or willing to earn it? Can take 3 years but you can also be fast tracked or do other training courses to the equivalent of.

If they are going to train you and you come out with more feathers under your cap than you already have then why not? But its down to if your willing to be on less pay and want to be in the industry. Its not easy and some of the guys at my college would travel for hours to get there and be on the same low pay as me but we all knew it was worthwhile and make us like gold dust in the industry.

I put up with a very low wage when i was apprentice. Do you have a full apprenticeship yet or willing to earn it? Can take 3 years but you can also be fast tracked or do other training courses to the equivalent of.

If they are going to train you and you come out with more feathers under your cap than you already have then why not? But its down to if your willing to be on less pay and want to be in the industry. Its not easy and some of the guys at my college would travel for hours to get there and be on the same low pay as me but we all knew it was worthwhile and make us like gold dust in the industry.

Dont know what i could really get out of apprentice route now, i went and did a course off my own back at college in 2013. I used to work perminent nights so used to go college 1 day a week for a year. It killed me some days plus i didnt drive then. Was with the lads from mono & nufire. i was the only lad that did not work for alarm company. Stuck it out learned a lot and got my 1853 out of it.

I'd try and get into a company called 4i Security.

They will be the next market leaders in this industry and are technically so far advance of the other firms that they do not even install keypads!

You wont go wrong with them mate.   :console: