Security Installer Community

Tool Bag / Tool Box Options - What Do You Have

bm99

Hey all, so the toolbox is looking a bit worse for wear so trying to see what to get as a good replacement

really thinking about getting a toolbag as its a lot easier to carry around so what are you lot using

Also same issue with the cutters, any good ones you've been using - thinking about the new bahco 160m side cutters

cheers all

Yank brand (Platt) case, absolutely bulletproof.

Use Plano soft cases for lesser used 'kits', i.e phone and data wiring stuff in one, insulated 240v orange tools in another, etc...

Aldi, bag for life.

Since Kwiksave closed I guess?

So, I've decided to take my work back underground.... to stop it falling into the wrong hands

I've had a couple of Plano cases, great for service work

plano-pl552t-technic-pro-bag-workstation

Still have this CK one, excellent but get's heavy..

ma2632-ck-tools-magma-technicians-tool-c

Side-cutters I use Knippex and Bhaco, (I have some small'ish Knippex ones I've had nearly 20 years) 

Edited by norman

Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.

I've had a couple of Plano cases, great for service work

plano-pl552t-technic-pro-bag-workstation

Still have this CK one, excellent but get's heavy..

ma2632-ck-tools-magma-technicians-tool-c

Side-cutters I use Knippex and Bhaco, (I have some small'ish Knippex ones I've had nearly 20 years) 

Mine are RS and at least 10 years old but marked 'made in Sweden' so assume cost a lot of money at one time...

Pretty much all my major tools are EU made, Wera tools are great for screwdrivers, security bits and mini wrenches.

All my live working stuff is that French made orange covered brand who's name I forget.

My Dad still has a set of CK drivers still in good nick so old they are stamped 'West German Made'

My 'emergency plumbing f**kups' bag has a nice 30 year+ old bahco water pump plier!

Edited by datadiffusion

So, I've decided to take my work back underground.... to stop it falling into the wrong hands

I never seem to be happy with my set up.

I've been using a fat max pouch for a few years with a belt for slinging it over my shoulder, fits most of what i need for call outs and most of the hand tools i need on installs.  But i'm thinking of moving to some kind of box arrangement with some organisation for holding a small selection of fixings and resistors etc.  Maybe something like a Raaco box with the draws in the bottom.

Everyone seems to have bags nowadays, i would like to move to a box but i don't want to be the odd one out :( 

I can put stickers on a box though!