Security Installer Community

Galaxy G2-20 Battery Problem

Hello 

I'm in the process of installing a Galaxy G2-20 but have run into a bit of an issue, Essentially connecting the battery seems to 'break' something.

With AC connected, and battery connected the SAB power and Keypad LCD (and Keypad Backlight) turns off. Keypad LED Remains on and AUX Power Remains on. Removal of the battery returns power output & keypad to expected functionality.

I've checked the polarity & voltage at various points and all seems good.

Anyone got any ideas or seen this before?

Is the battery charged correctly. Seems few batteries with reversed polarity on them.

Just checked polarity and voltage of the battery with a multimeter - 12.9V and polarity correct. I've tried three different batteries, with the latest one being brand new.

He tried three batteries , I say it's the panel , had some where they give either continuous battery mis or mains fail , probably sold on eBay for that

Raise case on eBay asap not as described

He tried three batteries , I say it's the panel , had some where they give either continuous battery mis or mains fail , probably sold on eBay for that

I've raised the case on eBay - thanks everyone for their efforts with trying to diagnose this problem. Much appreciated.

So he did in post 5

Dose every DIY (as its in the DIY section) have 3 7ahr batteries laying around ?

Would have expected to see + Batt Miss 

www.nova-security.co.uk

www.nsiapproved.co.uk

No PMs please unless i know you or you are using this board with your proper name.

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry to re-open old threads. I've since sent the panel back to the ebay seller and got a refund, then been out and got one from a reputable wholesalers but are still getting similar problems.

All seemed to be good up until I connected power for 5 PIRs. However, now the symptoms are slightly different. 

I connect the battery - if I leave it at that all is good for a few minutes or so, after a few minutes the screen does turn off. Also if I try to exit engineer mode the display will turn off immediately.

It seems to be when the panel is checking for the presence of a battery (as it would periodically and when exiting engineer mode) is when it causes it to turn off.

Any ideas?

Sorry to re-open old threads. I've since sent the panel back to the ebay seller and got a refund, then been out and got one from a reputable wholesalers but are still getting similar problems.

All seemed to be good up until I connected power for 5 PIRs. However, now the symptoms are slightly different.

I connect the battery - if I leave it at that all is good for a few minutes or so, after a few minutes the screen does turn off. Also if I try to exit engineer mode the display will turn off immediately.

It seems to be when the panel is checking for the presence of a battery (as it would periodically and when exiting engineer mode) is when it causes it to turn off.

Any ideas?

Have you definitely connected the battery leads to the correct connection on the panel marked up as batt and not connected to the normal 12vdc output, failing that possibly you have a load of duff batteries, have you checked the charging voltage and current?

• 1 month later...
On 24 March 2016 at 10:41 AM, norman said:
On 11 March 2016 at 10:46 AM, norman said:

Remove everything except the rkp and try again with the battery.

Hi, I have the same problem with a g2-20 did you ever get to the bottom of the problem? I have bought another g2-20 card and I have the same problem and now the 12v doc Aux outputs are outputting continuously at 6v not enough to power up my rkp.

Plenty g2 floating about with faults , even brand new , poor manufacturing in recent times I would say

How far is cable from keypad to panel , if cable is hidden try and fly wire from panel to keypad just to rule that out if you get me

1 hour ago, al-yeti said:

Plenty g2 floating about with faults , even brand new , poor manufacturing in recent times I would say

How far is cable from keypad to panel , if cable is hidden try and fly wire from panel to keypad just to rule that out if you get me

Board is doing this without any load only ac power on and no battery connected, I am measuring 6v dc from aux o/p's.  Have a g2-44 and two g2-20's all with the same symptoms,

I blew the aux fuse on 2 of these boards prior to this happening - this of course maybe related to my problem, old age and forgetting to power down unit prior to pulling a cable causing +ve and -ve to short out. But one of the boards came from eBay which measuried this way before any load put on it.

This isn't just happening to me I guess?!

43 minutes ago, al-yeti said:

Also what did you do to blow the fuse

Just above the RS485 terminals there are 4 +/- aux outputs (these have red and black wires in the picture), the fuse blew in effect by shorting these terminals (touching red and black wires at a PIR).

IMG_20160409_104405.jpg