Security Installer Community

Guarding Co Trying To Do Installs.

Local guarding firm contacted me to do some installs for them for a pub, they emailed me saying the customer wants the whole system wireless and they need 8 cameras, red flags are coming up now but went along with it. Got the cctv recording requirements for licencing from the council and put togeather a price.

Was gonna use all hik

DS—7608NI-E2—8P—A. 8CH NVR

DS—2CD2432F-IW 3MP. wifi IPC

Purple 4TB HDD

POE injectors

I sent them.a price for gear plus my labour, then they email me back saying can you do a price for wired. They looked on eBay and they seen some kits that look good

You either want wired or wireless. Im not even entertaining them tbh. Told them i havent got time to do it. Too busy.

Sure someone else will jump at it.

Ive never actually done anything wireless through wifi before. Would have been a test it out job really. I have seen wireless done over microwave & repeaters on a construction site but wouldnt even know where to start to be honest at actually fitting it. I know the allignment gotta be spot on thats about it Video wasnt bad either odd drop out every now and then but acceptable

Ah yes !! the customer that can find a camera on ebay !!

been on many CCTV installs where the client has said he or she can get cameras for 20-30 pound !

with the internet as it is now and with end user able to buy cheap kits its becoming more regular. I have seen some right bodge jobs with people trying to put kit in. after the correct engineers have finished though there is no comparison , from bnc or rg45 plugs a proper job is a proper job.