Security Installer Community

Samsung Ipolis Epic

Where are you from? Certain countries block some sites for all sorts of reasons, or phone providers putting blocks on things?

The Samsung DDNS would only be hitting the DDNS servers and displaying the info on his screen?

I know the middle east has big restrictions??

Look app doesn't always work when connected to WiFi in the place of the DVR

Take your phone elsewhere and connect to another WiFi source

In ksa not everyone has data allowance so hence I understand why you want to do it via the WiFi

But in this case from the DVR location I would concentrate in getting it to work via local IP not ddns unless your out and about

I don't know why the app does this , but i have seen this occur on many iphones

Am I making sense , not to many lol

So first steps you have done , local.PC can see the webserver and Samsung can see your DVR

Your just stuck with the app

-------

Earlier on it would work because you had dhcp and hadn't tried via the app then we went onto ddns which also might not work because via WiFi it doesn't always depending on setup

So if your at home with DVR and connected to WiFi , set all back to IP address internally has to work

------

Also he doesn't have restrictions because Samsung can see the device , and he can still make it work on the internal network

Router is not problem , because Samsung can see the DVR

Have you tried connecting outside of WiFi with DNS or inside WiFi with direct IP on app?

As said before this is common with some of there machines to playup when trying to connect internally using the DNS route

Ok so direct is good another WiFi not , tell me all settings on DNS screen shot will do and which password are you using for the app

Also do you still have dmz currently for the DVR as that will rule out the router further

I assume IP on DVR 192.168.1.200 and dmz is the same (although) remove dmz later

I didn't watch all that but you back to first problem

Set to static not dhcp

You have also changed the port number I think to a different range ie 4528 which also has to be put into the app

Point is don't keep changing things on the ports otherwise you will go in circles

Ok I saw a bit more

You have set dhcp on DVR which is giving it IP 192.168.1.8

Then you dmz 192.168.1.200 which won't do anything

You must set the DVR same as dmz IP , dmz will help you make it work without worry about port forwarding , once you have it working you can look to change that after

Set DVR STATIC 192.168.1.200 SAME AS DMZ

I like title "epic"