Security Installer Community

Configuring External Audio On The Risco Agility 3 Panel

budda

If I set DIP switch 2 to 'on' and wire up a simple phono cable to the SPKR and GND terminals I can link the Agility 3 panel up to the line-in on my Sonos AMP nearby.

Screen_Shot_2016_02_21_at_19_14_56.jpg

This allows the voice notifications and beeps to be played through a selected Sonos zone in the house (or group of them) which is lovely as my main Agility panel is in the loft far away from the front door.

However if DIP switch 2 is 'on' and DIP switch 3 is 'off' I get a panel tamper alarm going off. This isn't discussed in the engineer manual so I'm wondering if there's some standard procedure i've missed regarding storing new DIP switch positions before power cycling or something ?

Or is there something i need to do with the remaining external audio terminals?

I couldn't see an official Risco device that connects up to all these terminals either - does one exist ?

Has it been OK before then?

You've defaulted the panel since it was first installed if I understand correctly too?

I only activated the external audio this morning. I've had no tamper alarms until today.

Then this afternoon i decided to have a crack at resetting the grandmaster code. I've not defaulted the existing zone devices and fobs etc that were originally set up by the installer.

Edited by budda

Suspect you need to connect GND to TMP at the panel end with a short length of wire?

No refunds for broken panels mind, but highly suspect that is the issue.

It may or may not need to be a resistor rather than plain link but doubt it.

So, I've decided to take my work back underground.... to stop it falling into the wrong hands

Suspect you need to connect GND to TMP at the panel end with a short length of wire?

No refunds for broken panels mind, but highly suspect that is the issue.

It may or may not need to be a resistor rather than plain link but doubt it.

A link on the terminals was my suspicion - but can't find nowt about it online!

Is TMP short for tamper by any chance?

Do any official external 2-way audio devices exist for Risco ? Their website shows nothing.

Ah that looks like the thing intended to be hooked up to the Agility panel then - same wiring installation in the PDf diagram.

I've shot an email over to Risco support on the off chance they can advise on any solution before I go poking the TMP terminal signal.

Thanks for the link to the product -- I was looking for Agility 3 accessories so never saw this.