Security Installer Community

Scanny 9500

Mf1999

• 3 months later...

A couple of years ago I had an opportunity to remove a 9500 from a site and was going to replace it with the en95 type much to the disappointment of the company where it was installed since it had been totally troublesome free in the 25 years its been in service. It was only after I discovered that they wanted to add on to the system and where told that it could not be done because parts where no longer made for the system. They where quoted an upgrade of the EN95 for around £2,500. That was just for the replacement of the lims for nodes and the panel and keypads themselves. They thought that was steep and someone put them on to me. They only wanted to add 3 zones so I had an 9505 LIM lying around from years ago and just put that in for them. I am a fan of most of the scanny panels and the 9500 was and still is a very reliable panel, they even made custom types that I remember putting in. Ive still got an en95 lying around with both types of nodes so maybe I done my self out of a deal! No because of what I saved them then, they since got me back to replace their whole CCTV system so swings and roundabouts :-)

I am not sure why you want a 9500 but they are dated and the new replacement is the I-on range from scanny.

If I see one available I will let you now but as suggested by Mr Happy keep your eye on ebay.