Security Installer Community

4 Channel Cctv Kits For £340-£400

matt6697

Hi 

Been asked to install a CCTV system for a client max budget is around £400.  Now he's spotted a swann system in maplins for £340 and says he'd like that but if I could find anything better then get that, but he said he wants it to be at least 720p recording and image. 

I'm not to keen on using a swann system but having difficulty find another system that users that particular spec or better for the same price.  

Any1 got any ideas on something other than a swann kit?

Including labour? If your really into that stuff there's stacks of junk on eBay even cheaper ,

But is this really your business model? Stick whatever you normally fit and say you don't fit that

So 300 quid you install it, and then have to keep going back when it doesn't work, if components fail then each visit and fault find becomes chargeable agreed? Hence fit your own kit and charge accordingly

I think I might go for that tbh, will the image be better on the esp in terms of recording 

does it come with all the cables etc?, and yes I understand its a budget system but just want to install the best system I can within the price range and required resolution 

I think I might go for that tbh, will the image be better on the esp in terms of recording 

does it come with all the cables etc?, and yes I understand its a budget system but just want to install the best system I can within the price range and required resolution

its equipment only its not a diy kit like the maplin one?

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

I know what you were trying to do, so why mess about and give trick comments we're all here to help and advise each other!

Now you really have lost me , what trick?

You asked what equipment , i was only referring to previous comments of esp equipment

You need to chill man , I already got laser sighting on one leg

thats his budget though can't go any higher thats why im asking, what are them esp kits like from security warehouse

Tell him FO, i would. Then i'd go and earn a proper days wage than **** about with that ****.

ESP is utter *****, equal to swann.

You can buy better kit off securitywarehouse.

I really can't be ar**** with it anymore.

The problem is for £400 you will not get very good kit, and poor kit normally goes wrong. This means as said before you will be returning all the time trying to fix stuff you supplied under warranty. You obviously are not making any profit on the kit itself, so get him to buy the kit and you fit it, that way if the kit goes wrong you can harge him to come and take the bit down so he can take it back to the supplier and change it, then you can charge him for refitting it. If you supply the kit and sell it for the same price you paid for it all you are doing is making yourself busy for no money. Either that or you wont return his calls when it goes wrong and he wont b recommending you to anyone. Personally I would walk away his budget is not enough to achieve a reasonable system. Cheap CCTV is like filling your car up with water instead of petrol, it gives the impression that you have a full tank, until you try driving somewhere.

im desperate for work mate, theres **** all round here

Where are you? Everyone I know is busier than a Asian kiddy in a Nike factory

I'm after a parachute but I only want to spend 100 quid. Its only got to work once...

Is it for you ? I have one in your size you can have for £50 only been used once

My problem is trying to get our lads to do overtime I have enough to last them for weeks.

Funny thing is they are always moaning they are skint but always decline it.

I get that too the more it happens the more I hold back on the pay rises