Security Installer Community

Adding A Risco Ir Beam Detector To A Scantronic 9448+

Hi all,
Please bear with me on this, it's my first post and I've limited knowledge on alarm systems.
I self installed a 9948+ some years ago, it has door/window contacts and PIRs feeding into it - all works well and has a autodialler too.
The street lighting in my estate has been changed to LED and it's left all the houses in the shadows. I want to improve my security particularly when the alarm isn't set; It dawned on me that the alarm has a chime function that can be set to ding anytime. So, is a IR beam detector (or 2) the way to go to 'protect' my drive and back garden during unset alarm condition (with a chime) and what happens when the alarm is full/part set ? Does triggering the IR beam then set of a full alarm (not really what I want). For example, at night I have a part set program that leaves out the hall PIR only. Ideally I'd like that to continue but the IR beams to just chime if activated.
Any pointers will be gladly accepted!!
James

You could get your self some ir beams if its just an area you want to cover as in someone walking past or across your drive , beams could still trigger a chime or other things depending on how far and techincal you can go

Example

https://www.securitywarehouse.co.uk/catalog/risco-ir-beam-72-up-to-50m-p-3308.html

As norm, the 9448 really isn't flexible enough to handle such add-ons sensibly.

I would go for a completely separate system.

In fact, I would recommend a GJD 'Emerald' or similar controller so that the beams can make a 'beep' which can easily

be turned on/off without codes, but also trigger mains voltage lights as this sounds like a concern for you too.

So, I've decided to take my work back underground.... to stop it falling into the wrong hands