Security Installer Community

Paxton Fobs

a1steve

the p38, p50 etc is available in both paxton only and universal. Im assuming its not the paxton card/tag and the universal reader?

http://www.paxton.co.uk/products.asp?id=011,24&strStage=product_page&strFamily=net2&strGroup=group-05079

universal!

Has anyone ever used a chip writer to reprogram a reader to work with other cards?

Cant do this on potted readers but it looks easy enough.

http://www.paxton.co.uk/products.asp?id=011,24&strStage=product_page&strFamily=net2&strGroup=group-05079

universal!

Has anyone ever used a chip writer to reprogram a reader to work with other cards?

Cant do this on potted readers but it looks easy enough.

Interesting so you are saying its possible to program a reader from a tag writer?

Interesting so you are saying its possible to program a reader from a tag writer?

seen them do it in the office. I will try vidio it being done I don't think it's a tag writer thats a different bit of kit they use. My trainee changed the reader protocols on what I guess is a 30-50 door site so the existing readers could be used on a common card.

Just read my poor spelling. I hope you understood. apparently the unit is USB powered and you hold the pins in position press the power switch and when the LED flash green the new protocol is written. it takes less than 10 seconds. The issue is with potted reader as the chip connections aren't visible. 

Peter, query from customer....

"Do the fobs use a static or dynamic token?"

I assume the answer is static as there is a preprogrammed ID that remains the same each time you present it? Or have I got the wrong end of the stick?

Peter, query from customer....

"Do the fobs use a static or dynamic token?"

I assume the answer is static as there is a preprogrammed ID that remains the same each time you present it? Or have I got the wrong end of the stick?

Both, they are static and programmed with a code, however, some of the panels out there will want to write their own code to the token, so long as the correct facility code my tags will let the panel write to it.