Security Installer Community

Hikvision Hdtvi Any Good?

J&D Security

any good I define as does it do what you and the customer want for the price you both want to pay.

does it have issues, well I think so and its on the bits that my customers are asking for where it falls down, and not 100% happy, so I am waiting on what can be done to make it the product for me to use.

Crazy situation when nothing these days works perfectly on all the features they have available, that said it does have a lot of nice features that work well.

any good I define as does it do what you and the customer want for the price you both want to pay.

does it have issues, well I think so and its on the bits that my customers are asking for where it falls down, and not 100% happy, so I am waiting on what can be done to make it the product for me to use.

Crazy situation when nothing these days works perfectly on all the features they have available, that said it does have a lot of nice features that work well.

Care to share the issues?

D1ts are good for the price, d5ts are just damn good. Tvi is not as forgiving as analogue, dvrs are solid. Only 1 alarm receiver ip though so if your monitoring arc switch regularly its a no go. Cable faults putting 12v down the video line blow the input on the dvr.

One of the let downs now is the dvrs only have changed outputs. We have just replaced an older dvr with a 16 channel but the previous one had bnc and vga now they only have vga unless specified which left us in a hole since the client had bnc monitors but that's my gripe! All in all I feel it's good kit.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

You can have alarm monitoring via IVMS 4200 Software just needs setting up. It will also work with IVMS7000 from LTS Security Inc., I assume they rebrand Hikvision Stuff for the USA Market. Only downside I have noticed on the 16ch model (Without Alarm Inputs) is that if you did want to use some kind of monitoring ie through the Line Cross Detection feature only works with one Channel.

However IP Cameras on the same DVR can have line cross detection as its direct in the camera software, On the IVMS you add them as new devices but add them to the same group (Site).

Other than that it looks good kit just a shame you cant have Line Cross detection on more than one camera

Also Alien DVRs will work through both the IVMS software's.

• 10 months later...

I've always used hikvision , the hdtvi dvrs are really good , like a few people mentioned a few of the newer new come without a bnc output, the latest installation I did was the 3 megapixel range DS-7204HUHI-F1/N, this did have a bnc output, the latest firmware they use gives the option of pattern unluck or password, which is easier for the end user in my eyes if they need to access the dvr. 

On 08/01/2017 at 10:41 AM, PeterJames said:

They will be copy Hik, only Hilk sell Hik through there own uk approved distributors.

In my experience a copy is just a unit produced by the manufacturer but without the branding. There are not many genuine manufacturers of CCTV equipment in China but often the same product is distrubuted with a different brand stitched to the unit or no brand at all.

Is it me or is HIK vision way overhyped? I've never used it before until yesterday & I'd say it looks cheap & nasty which runs in like with what they paid for it so no arguments on that point but I don't think this product is suitable for "any application".

It has a market don't get me wrong but I don't think it warrants the wankfest some people make out...

• Upvote 2