Security Installer Community

What Wireless Does Everyone Reccomend?

Rob Kirk

Have fitted around 20 visonic express and completes now found them ok but have had many issues with the wireless contact and now if i can always hardwire the door contact to zone 29.

Anyway I'm sure its been covered before but wondered what peoples thoughts were on the best value for money wireless/hybrid systems. 

What issues you had with contacts?

We use Visonic and Pyronix. Both good!

Have had one stop working completely, another would ping endless faults so ended up hardwiring to save some dosh and for piece of mind. They just seem very glitchy to be honest, dont like them at all. Its the downside of visonic plus most of the gear is not 2 way so not the most secure when trying to sell i think the detector line needs updating.

Will try hkc soon see what the fuss is about, might bench test one for a while, they do look good though.

mainly visonic over here, used about 30-40 completes last year plus the occaisonal express and master, no big issues really

certianly never had any probs with the contacts

Is that because its one way you never know anyway , or they manufacturing faulty units in batches

Is that because its one way you never know anyway , or they manufacturing faulty units in batches

im still amased that 1 way kit is fitted by anyone. Decent stuff isnt much more. btw im assuming you have still had no issues with the hkc?

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

Yes still all going good , apart from one who seems to think a mains failure is my fault lol

I even got my first low battery level enquiry haha Adi might like that

But flexibility of the wireless sensors is the big plus to , being 2way aswell

I think having used the other brands, you n3d to use hkc regular to appreciate how good it is

(of course the dimension wired is still hardcore )

only the keyfob

Two way on what? Only states rf system is two way, are all the devices two way?

as above, misleading imo

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

only the keyfob

as above, misleading imo

Only the key fob and the wireless speaker/panic alarm button. But they are not truly two way tbh in terms of rf security, just two way in the fact that they need to be to perform the function they are doing. Visonic need to do a refresh, i like the price and the style of systems but not he lack of security which is why we are fitting an alarm in the first place.

I am of the opinion that despite the technology improvements you always have the weakest link of relying on batteries so would never recommend any radio system. Having said that some systems work extreamly well with a lot of advantages that wired systems do not have but call me old fashioned I will never fit one voluntarily although I did last year but only due to the customers requesting it after decorating their house and didn't want any cables showing anywhere :)  he he reminds me of the saying don't sell the customer what he needs sell him what he wants.

With many customers now wanting radio wifi etc these days I am glad to give them what they want but refuse to fit the cheap ones  that die without warning etc etc the more expensive ones give a warning months in advance of a break down/battery failure. I would still recommend wired before radio though.

Practice in the morning, practice at night. Practice in the evening, until you get it right.

Only make sure you are practising in the right way at the right time for it.

Only the key fob and the wireless speaker/panic alarm button. But they are not truly two way tbh in terms of rf security, just two way in the fact that they need to be to perform the function they are doing. Visonic need to do a refresh, i like the price and the style of systems but not he lack of security which is why we are fitting an alarm in the first place.

wanky orange screen on some of their panels is awful.

I really can't be ar**** with it anymore.