Security Installer Community

What Wireless Does Everyone Reccomend?

Rob Kirk

Have fitted around 20 visonic express and completes now found them ok but have had many issues with the wireless contact and now if i can always hardwire the door contact to zone 29.

Anyway I'm sure its been covered before but wondered what peoples thoughts were on the best value for money wireless/hybrid systems. 

What issues you had with contacts?

We use Visonic and Pyronix. Both good!

Have had one stop working completely, another would ping endless faults so ended up hardwiring to save some dosh and for piece of mind. They just seem very glitchy to be honest, dont like them at all. Its the downside of visonic plus most of the gear is not 2 way so not the most secure when trying to sell i think the detector line needs updating.

Will try hkc soon see what the fuss is about, might bench test one for a while, they do look good though.

mainly visonic over here, used about 30-40 completes last year plus the occaisonal express and master, no big issues really

certianly never had any probs with the contacts

Is that because its one way you never know anyway , or they manufacturing faulty units in batches