Security Installer Community

Texecom Comwifi

Hi,

Update - I can connect to the panel from my app remotely now, which is brilliant and many thanks! This morning I couldn't connect "locally" anymore via the app(!), but we'll see later tonight if that's resolved itself.

However, my wife now tells me that the system has bleeped at points throughout the day. I've logged on and it's due to a "Com 1 fault" system alert. I figure that means it's dropping connection, correct?

If so, would someone be so kind as to tell me how to turn this alert off? If it drops connection overnight, it's going to really annoy me.

I assume it wouldn't bleep indefinitely? but still, it would be annoying.

Many thanks (again!).

I'd love to know! I turned the router off for 10 mins but that didn't make it fail.

All done via the keypad.

You will just have to wait until the new firmware is released from Texecom.

You are not the only one to experience the problems but don't worry Texecom will get it sorted.

If you turn off push notifications for now you can still fully use the app locally & remotely and the 'system alert' will stop.

Is your router the talk talk supplied unit? Not that it should matter.

Comwifi is not reliable enough to have it monitored for drop outs.

Go monitor hardware and turn off ATS faults.

Or like above, turn off notifications, get a gsm com on com port 2 with virgin sim unlimited texts £5 a month. You'll still get a notification if power goes out/your router drops out.

You'll probably find Sms commands to be enough for your remote control needs too. Just a suggestion :-)

Hi,

Polling was set to 015, if that's what you meant, JamesWilson?? I'll check to see whether it's changed somehow later.

I'm wondering whether it had anything to do with logging on remotely via the app? I didn't go off any more when I got home, and like I say didn't go off when I turned the router off (D-Link, given by TalkTalk a couple of years ago).

Are firmware updates free? Can I do it through wifi via Wintex? I assume it won't wipe everything I've spent so long configuring?!

How would I go about turning off push notifications? Sorry to keep asking questions. I assume this would mean I wouldn't be notified if the alarm went off? It never notified me of the Com1 fault, both times. Can I just make it not issue a system alert (or make the system alert silent??)? I do remember reading something about this, but the thought of reading those instructions again make we want to weep!

cheers all.

Oh, one last question - with the app, when I go into arming, it doesn't list out the 3 part-arm options. It just says "house", which is the name of the area I use. I guess I could use the keypad, but just wondering if it should show them on here?

Ta all.