Security Installer Community

Honeywell Gx Remote Control App Connection Issue

Hi.

I've had the GX Remote working on my Galaxy Dimension panel for several weeks now, all functions were working including group setting and output switching.

Since last week the app cannot connect to the panel.

I haven't changed any settings and my older app Selfmon VKP which uses the same port number is still working no problem so I don't think it's my panel or ether net card.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks

Dimension 48 version 6.92

Ethernet card version 3.02

You got it.

Got in the attic and power cycled ethernet card, app is working again.

I had only done a restart from rkp before, I wrongly thought that would reset the card. Funny how the Selfmon app continued to work.

Thanks Galaxy Guy. ☺

PS I do like the output switching and the group setting on the Honeywell app

The  E080-4 Ethernet module firmware is now at 3.05, so probably a few fixes applied since 3.02...

Yes, I need to add some more features to the SelfMon app. I still use guard codes to switch outputs at home - means I can use the keypad as well as the phone - more convenient for opening the garage door on the way out than messing with the phone.

• 1 month later...

I can connect to my flex 20 with the app but I still get 'Groups Not Configured' and I have not control of outputs.

In regards to the outputs the app says the panel needs a firmware upgrade.

Any ideas????

• 8 months later...

Hi, hope you have sorted it ok. I found that every time I down powered the Router my WAN changed as we all have Dinamic IP addresses and had to change it in the settings, now I have my router fed via a 12v PSU so hopefully it should stay the same.

I am interested in knowing how do you configure outputs to operate them via the App.

Thanks,

Juan

• 7 years later...

Hi guys I have a galaxy flex panel, also have a max3 reader outdoors which is set to a sep zone that arms and disarms the alarm for our yard outside, i know I can get the ethernet module and download the gx control app, how is this set up? Would i need a static ip addess? Or is there any other way of doing this? We use a 4g sim router (tp link) as it has the best quality signal and speeds in our area. Any kind of help would be appriciated. Thanks 

17 hours ago, Niki1986 said:

Hi guys I have a galaxy flex panel, also have a max3 reader outdoors which is set to a sep zone that arms and disarms the alarm for our yard outside, i know I can get the ethernet module and download the gx control app, how is this set up? Would i need a static ip addess? Or is there any other way of doing this? We use a 4g sim router (tp link) as it has the best quality signal and speeds in our area. Any kind of help would be appriciated. Thanks 

Hi Niki

You would probably need to get your installer to set this up for you