Security Installer Community

Honeywell Flex 50 + Touchcenter Exiting Engineer Mode Tamper Issue

Tim Flinders

I've installed a Honeywell Flex 50 with a single TouchCenter LCD (CP042-00) keypad with keyprox however I'm having a problem exiting engineer mode due to a tamper error.

I enter the engineer code and press ESC and it checks for tampers and comes up with 1 Mod tamper which when viewed is Keypad 011.  

That would imply to me it was the keypad failing however I can't find why it might be failing given everything is installed and screwed up.  What isn't clear to me is what the number 011 means, the key pad being a LCD is on Address 1.

All the zones are showing fine and no tampers.  

Does any one have any thoughts on what to check and try, obviously with this in place the alarm won't exit engineer mode.  

So the switch in that keypad isn't making contact, either the base isn't sitting flat enough or you havnt pushed the cable in so cores sit in neatly and so on, some times it can be the plugs in wall , tap them in slightly

Must be a few other things , I assume if you manually hold the tamper switch in it clears? I think it's a type of tab on the touch centre hold and and try and come out of engineers again

The standard keypad normally gives this issue as well but I have seen this on the touch centre

The galaxy experts can comment more

Edited by al-yeti