Security Installer Community

Inherited A Gardtec

Hi Guys,

Ive recently inherited a Gardtec 600 alarm. Im a trainee installer myself but have never really dabbled in Gardtec.

It appears the engineer code has been locked.

Im perfectly capable of maintaining my own alarm so wont be taking up service contracts etc.

Is it possible to reset a locked code? Or Access the system via other means to enable me to change the code.

Thanks!

Im well aware of why it is locked, im in the industry myself, so please - less of the patronising answers.

Im happy to have a phone conversation or privately message someone with the relevant knowledge to help me access the system. As far as im concerned I now own the house, and by association, the alarm :) would like to be able to use it as I please.

Why pay for new equipment when there's a perfectly good alarm system fitted.

I can learn to program and use a gardtec, but im guessing any sort of backdoor reset on one of these isnt going to be something you can pick up in an installers manual or from tech support.

Hence why im hoping someone very knowledgable on this system could help.

Im well aware of why it is locked, im in the industry myself, so please - less of the patronising answers.

Offff!

Im perfectly capable of maintaining my own alarm .....

Well clearly not!

Originally said by Charles Babbage
On two occasions I have been asked [by members of Parliament], 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question.

As far as I know they only way it to sent it back to the factory. Rip it out and fit something decent.

Had heard this, im hoping that this isn't the case - as far as i'm aware, Gardtec's are decent systems. Bound to be a Gardtec guru out there who knows how a way of unlocking it - Otherwise im stuffed!

Offff!

Well clearly not!

Thankyou for being so helpful; your a credit to the world.

Sorry that my lighthearted comment was taken the wrong way. But...

I'll say it again, the whole point of it being lockable is so that another 'gardtec guru' can't just pitch up and unlock it, otherwise, what would be the point?

Why not just apply for trade

Yes just apply via your local patronising mod...

So, I've decided to take my work back underground.... to stop it falling into the wrong hands