Security Installer Community

Battery Charge Selection On Texecom

bennynoneck

Hi.

On the premier elite 48w there is an option on the control panel that allows you to select either 0.3 or 0.75a charging current.

How can I change between the two? It's not a switch on the board and I can't see the option within the 40000 page manual!

Also would the unit display a battery fault if I'm yet to connect the bell'sown battery?

cheers.

The 48w should have a Battery charge current selection jumper on the PCB, just to the left of the flash programming port and below the battery fuse F2.

There shouldn't be any sounder battery faults shown on the panel for no sounder battery connection for a grade 2 sounder but grade 3 sounders do signal a battery fault to the panel - assuming it's wired correctly!

Thanks for the reply.

It's a grade 2 sounder. The keypad just says battery error along with a few more. Didn't have time last night so just turned it off straight away and disconnected the battery. I wonder if it shows a battery fault if the battery is not charged?

How do I use the jumper? It looks just like three dots on the board! Excuse my ignorance.

I got the wrong one and got a 3.4a battery. I only have one wired pir and a sounder so am going to keep with it.

That's great thanks.

I tend to worry about certain things and not being able to switch between the two options had me thinking the battery might blow up - well maybe not that bad!

Will turn it on when I get a spare couple of hours and see about all the faults. I think most of them were tampers on zones I'm not using so one I get to cancel those zones I should be in a better position. I must admit there's a fair few options on the 48w!