Security Installer Community

Mk7 Keypad Shows ************

sg0508

Hi. Need some help please. My Galaxy G2 alarm keeps triggering since early hours of this morning. Just started again at midnight even though the system isn't set. The Mk7 keypad display just shows ********* so I can't disable the alarm. Can anyone please advise as we can't get an engineer till morning and the alarm keeps waking my children & neighbours! Thanks.

Not really an easy answer to that fault other than to say has there been any decorating or anything that might have disturbed or damaged the wiring occured in the last day or so?

Or water ingress anywhere?

Not answering the phone is a bit poor imo.

You could try mta systems guide to silencing alarms, its on youtube.

Edited by petrolhead

Hi. Need some help please. My Galaxy G2 alarm keeps triggering since early hours of this morning. Just started again at midnight even though the system isn't set. The Mk7 keypad display just shows ********* so I can't disable the alarm. Can anyone please advise as we can't get an engineer till morning and the alarm keeps waking my children & neighbours! Thanks.

Do you know when the battery was last replaced? I have seen a cooked battery drag the system down like that.

If the service provider is not responding I would suggest looking for a better one, there are plenty of companies who are able to maintain that system.

Thanks for the replies so far. After being promised a call from an engineer and chasing that up through the night, it still didn't happen. Finally got an email this morning at 9am promising me a site visit but even though I'm chasing it up, still nothing! Don't think the battery has been replaced in my time here (4 years). Do I need to take the cover off the panel and replace? I assume that sets the alarm off again by tamper? The panel is in a cupboard in the utility room which is very dry as the underfloor manifold is housed there. No power cut recently either. Would water ingress in the external siren/box cause it? Thanks.

the ********** on the display is showing the keypad has power but cannot communicate with the panel. So its either a cable problem or the panel is dead.

Pressing esc on the keypad will stop the beep while the ******** are displayed but only at the keypad. If the system is in alarm it will need a code / prox to silence and the requires the keypad to be communicating with the panel.

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.