Security Installer Community

Securit 700L And Keypad

slacky

Hey guys looking for abit of advice.

The mother in laws intelliisense 800l pcb had burnt out so managed to get a whole 800l kit off eBay brand new. Changed her pcb every worked fine.

Now the sister in law has got a 700l. Keypad was abit worn out and the bell box doesn't work. So changed the bell box to a ag6 and the keypad to the newer 800l model. Did that on Saturday all was working fine till yesterday.

Her alarms been going off when she's been at work came home and the number 8 is lit on the keypad and won't reset. I can't be 100% sure but im sure when I had the lid off the bell box number 8 was lit on the keypad at the weekend so could be it nots sitting right. But also been told it could be that the keypads not compatible with the older 700l as the panel has 7 zones the keypad has 8. Could this be the problem?

Im a fully qualified electrician if any one is wondering but more of a commercial one alarms are new to me lol

Edited by slacky

There are some real shady types selling Securit Keypads on ebay, I would be careful!

Don't know a lot about this system. Is number 8 a zone or does it indicate a tamper or bell tamper?

If it can't be reset it points towards a tamper, I would return to the bell box and make sure that, locally at least, you are

closing the tamper switches. When I say return, you can of course measure it at the panel 1st.

So, I've decided to take my work back underground.... to stop it falling into the wrong hands

It was a whole 800l kit brand new that's been stored for a while came with pirs door contacts etc so seems genuine.

Number 8 should be the zone but I'm sure when the lid was off the bell box it was lit. The 700l only has 7 zones. How would I test it at the control panel? Saves me getting the ladders off the van lol

It was a whole 800l kit brand new that's been stored for a while came with pirs door contacts etc so seems genuine.

Ah right it's the keypad only ones you need to be careful of.

Number 8 should be the zone but I'm sure when the lid was off the bell box it was lit. The 700l only has 7 zones. How would I test it at the control panel? Saves me getting the ladders off the van lol

I assume that the bell has been wired normally, so at the panel, find the whole cable going to the bell, and you will (should) have a +ve and -ve hold-off wire, going to the normal 12V supply, a wire going to a terminal marked 'BELL' or similar, possibly one going to 'STROBE' and crucially, one going to a terminal marked 'TR', 'TA' or 'TAMPER RETURN'. If you remove this wire, connect it to the -ve lead of your multimeter and the +ve multimeter to any 12v feed - if it reads 12V, the tamper on the bell is closed. If you're reading nothing, the tamper is probably open.

Or at least, that's the theory, of course I don't know much about your installation, bell setup, etc... but that would be normal.

So, I've decided to take my work back underground.... to stop it falling into the wrong hands

I'll give that a go later when I pop round I basically fount a set of instructions on the Internet to connect the ag6 to the 700l and the keypad was like for like (just the newer model).

Abit stumped if the keypads not compatible as there the same make just the newer model but has been working fine for the last week

Just had a look at the instructions I used one in the panel labelled both in the bell box and panel r- which is the negative tamper return. Take this one out the terminal put multimeter on this and the 12v + to see if there's 12v there

That sound right?

Hey guys abit of an update

Went to the control panel and was getting 4v between r- and positive. Went up to the bell box the lid was on OK took the lid off pressed the tamper in and nothing between r- and positive. Checked to see what was between red and black at the bell box nothing but as I was pressing the probes into the terminals the bell box started beeping and strobe was flickering ( strobes never been on before) played with the terminals abit and now it's working fine. When I connected the cables into the terminals they slightly spun round so this may be the problem but all working OK for now.

Hey guys abit of an update

Went to the control panel and was getting 4v between r- and positive. Went up to the bell box the lid was on OK took the lid off pressed the tamper in and nothing between r- and positive. Checked to see what was between red and black at the bell box nothing but as I was pressing the probes into the terminals the bell box started beeping and strobe was flickering ( strobes never been on before) played with the terminals abit and now it's working fine. When I connected the cables into the terminals they slightly spun round so this may be the problem but all working OK for now.

I would say you have slightly damaged the solder on the connection block or have a dry joint. Maybe wise to remove the pub and check/repair the solder to avoid future faults.

• Upvote 1