Security Installer Community

Intruder Test: Wireless Alarm Panels

Dutchy

WP_20151203_20_14_16_Pro.jpg

If you don't know what you are talking about, then it's better that you say nothing.

See what mean looks feels and use is rubbish , ok hkc keypad needs a face lift but it's keypad is solid

But galaxy keypads still my favourite

What you on about geezer? What don't I know? Apart from allot of things lol

Why everyone so sensitive about risco ? I didn't say all there stuff is rubbish , just some of there's bods who talk rubbish , I am sure some of them are ok lol

Edited by al-yeti

• 2 weeks later...

I've used the Texecom and the Agility kits (both have their own ups and downs). What I would say is that where the Risco is more "fiddly" to set up, their tech support (Roy in particular) is fantastic so you're never far away from someone who knows what they're on about! One dowside (depending on your company servicing/fault finding methods) is that as far as I'm aware when I last fitted one (over a year ago) it doesn't have remote service or UL/DL feature on it. I know it's not on the list, but HKC is who I'd go with for a wireless intruder system. They do a 1070 panel which can have 10 wired zones, wired keypad, wired bell etc or can be completely wireless. They also do a smaller all-in-one panel which is great too just a bit large to have in a hallway for example. 

Again I'd have to say the Risco Agility is a bit of kit I wouldn't mind having in my hallway. I'd pick it over the HKC any day but I do prefer the features of the HKC. I'm very Risco biased though as they're the only panels I used for the first 2/3 years working with alarms! Now it makes a nice change for me to be working on anything except Galaxy panels!