Security Installer Community

Risco Group Alarm Systems

Dutchy

Hello my name is Cornelis and I am a installer from The Netherlands.

I join this forum because someone had a posts about programming the Risco Lightsys2.

What’s me irritates is that there are many negative posts about Risco.

We install about 25 years Risco (Rokonet) detectors with Scantronic and Texecom panels. but the last 2 years we only still install the Lightsys2 panels. This is because they have a wider range of products, and the Web User Application for home owners.

We install daily Lightsys2 systems, and currently only with the wired Risco bus accessories such as the Watchout and the new Bware detectors, Lumin8 bellbox, and 2 way wireless such as the Watchout and Bware detectors, magnetic contacts, Lumin wireless bellbox.

The benefits of Risco for us:

Flexible system, many choice of Keypads, communicators and wired and wireless accessories.

Risco cloud, VU point camera integration and app are free (no monthly fees).

Easy to programming and testing with Risco configuration software (local and remote), panel firmware upgrading by installer.

This panels are not for sale in webshops (is protected by Risco) is sold only to Certified Risco installers (Risco store).

This is going to happen in the future with more companies e.g. Paxton with the new Net10 building management system.

In General, Risco products have a very good quality and are affordable.

They have won the PSI magazine award in 2014 and 2015 and at the various product testing by PSI magazine and Benchmark, they scored high.

Thanks for reading this post.

What’s me irritates is that there are many negative posts about Risco.

:hmm: so lets try for a positive Risco post ?

Their external sounders are very loud

They deliver anything above £30.00 carriage free & promptly

I no longer use sensors as I can buy better for less money,

I no longer use controls as I can better for less money,

Mr? Veritas God

Welcome to the forum :)

Originally said by Charles Babbage
On two occasions I have been asked [by members of Parliament], 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question.

Welcome to the forum,

We have installed the Gardtec stuff for some time now, its at our budget end and compared to the competition it is budget. I really like the new app for the Lightsys but my engineers dont like the Lightsys they say its harder than it needs to be to program. The quality of the PCB is not as good as the older Risco product but if I was truthful nearly all panel manufacturers have cut back on quality components, its the ever increasing demand for cheaper products by the Ill fit it for a tenner brigade taking on the jobs I walk away from. I wonder what would happen if we all refused to work for nothing and fit the cheapest kit?

• 2 months later...