Security Installer Community

Honeywell Lcd Keypad - Another Basic Question

oldguy

Dirty dog !  :fear:

Nahhhhh won't dare !

….It's about when I leave in the morning before she does when she's still in bed…..I open the front door and the keypad I put in the bedroom chimes. The other keypad is next to the front door exit.

Panel is an Accenta G4, the metal box one with no keypad 8SP419A.

I want the chime on the front door keypad, but not the one in the bedroom.

The keypads are the LCD Gen 4 - 8EP417

Here's another query…...

I have all 8 zones wired into the tamper and the overall cabling is pretty long, when i tested the tamper (continuity) it worked on the 7 zones but including the 8th it didn't, so i checked the PIR and all was good with it.

So is it that the overall cable length of the tamper loop is too long with the 8th sensor….guess there are issues with resistance over long cable runs?

thanks

Edited by oldguy

• 4 weeks later...

In case this isn't already resolved....If you're using a G3 galaxy panel you should be able to mute the bedroom keypad via 58 keypad > theres an option in there for silencing it somewhere. There's an option in 51 for part set exit or something like that.

ignore my reply, didn't read the whole of your last post! i'm now aware its not a gal 3!

RE resistance values: there's no exact science to how long the cable can be. different panels will have different tolerances, same for the detectors. You might find that some PIR's and contacts actually have a 0.5ohm reading when short circuited others may be 0.1 so depends entirely on the real world conditions. I'd maybe try swapping the tamper pair on the last device and use any spare cores (or double up if you can).