Security Installer Community

Optima XM6

Guest SimonR

could someone send me a pdf with optima xm6 instructions to xxxxxx thanks

Look at Post #25, this thread, you can download it from there

Someone told me I was ignorant and apathetic, I don't know what that means, nor do I care.

• 1 month later...

Hi All,

I have an Optima XM6. The monkey who installed it has routed the cables in such a way that basic home improvements are impossible (the cables burst out of the floor in some 25x16 trunking that then just stops half way across the wall, the cables are then just tacked to the wall and head up through the ceiling. It's awful). I want to disconnect the cables from within the control panel and re-route them.

Do I need the installer code or can I just undo the screw on the front with the alarm in an unset state?

p.s. Why won't this site accept GMail addresses for users? Should I really have to change my email address just so I can use one site????

Hi All,

I have an Optima XM6. The monkey who installed it has routed the cables in such a way that basic home improvements are impossible (the cables burst out of the floor in some 25x16 trunking that then just stops half way across the wall, the cables are then just tacked to the wall and head up through the ceiling. It's awful). I want to disconnect the cables from within the control panel and re-route them.

Do I need the installer code or can I just undo the screw on the front with the alarm in an unset state? - you'll need to enter your user code to silence it when/if it activates

p.s. Why won't this site accept GMail addresses for users? - millions of spammers ruining the site

Should I really have to change my email address just so I can use one site???? - No but such is life because of the above

millions of spammers ruining the site

Yet a Tiscali email address is allowed???

I think the problem with spammers is a lack of fidelity in the registration rather than the email addy - I am a member of dozens of forums with my Gmail account - I never see any spam.

Anyhow, back to the topic. I killed the power to the unit in Day mode and unscrewed the panel. All hell broke loose until I disconnected the battery. Entering the user code, or even the engineer's code, didn't seem to counter a tamper condition.

When I reconnect the battery, is it going to kick off again? Or will this be like First Power-Up, where the user code should stop the alarm from sounding!?

Archived