Security Installer Community

Gday From Biggin Hill

Flossyrockstar

Afternoon fellow security doods and doodettes. My names Pete though most peeps call me Flossy or Floss, I worked for an integrated security company in south east London in the nineties, then a CCTV company in Manchester for a couple of years, then spent three years as a Techy for Northern Computers in Crawley. I left the industry in 2000 and opened a Guitar shop in Orpington. Now after a gap of 15 Years I'm back working for the company I worked for 20 years ago!!  :proud:

Long time no speak, it must be 15-16 years at least Ive had my own co for the last 13.5 years

I was made redundant in 2000 when Northern was purchased by Honeywell, so yeah at least 15 years, theres an awful lot thats changed in that time especially with the rise in popularity of wireless stuff, but I'm loving the new IP cameras/software thats come about. The image quality is superb compared to the old cv equipment that was around back then. So you have your own company, I hope its going well, starting your own business is a lot of work but also a lot of fun and the rewards can be good if your lucky and put the hours in.

I spoke to another blast from the past earlier on in the year when i had to call Honeywell tech about a Maxpro NVR, turned out it was Peter Wilkinson who id helped out on a project in Leeds back in 98, he also remembered the long hair and the fact i support Preston North end!!!  :proud:

Business is very good I purchased an established NSI Gold co which gave me a sort of head start, though it was very poorly when I got it. Kit has jumped leaps and bounds it does the same stuff but much better for less cost in most cases. It is a small world in this industry though, every time I go to IFSEC I bump into someone or other I have seen for 10 or more years.

Business is very good I purchased an established NSI Gold co which gave me a sort of head start, though it was very poorly when I got it. Kit has jumped leaps and bounds it does the same stuff but much better for less cost in most cases. It is a small world in this industry though, every time I go to IFSEC I bump into someone or other I have seen for 10 or more years.

Im looking forward to IFSEC, there even doing it in London these days so no slog up the M40.

• 4 weeks later...

It was no accident, we know you do it on purpose.

Originally said by Charles Babbage
On two occasions I have been asked [by members of Parliament], 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question.