Security Installer Community

Hkc, Pyronix Homecontrol+ Or Texecom For Reliability?

catvin

Dont think you should over complicate your choices.

As for which panel is the best fit, that depends on what you want it to do and if you want to integrate into home automation etc.

If you want to differentiate between the offerings, ask what solution is offering the best value and what about future expansion/ integration.

I install Texecom and Risco equipment as my prefered and had the odd glitch and nothing major long term issues, installed a few enforcers but not the homecontrol and had no issues but they were pretty basic installs, not done HKC.

Some of my customers choose by how it looks to them, or just price beaters.

paying for the HKC app may sound like a bad thing, but the service has to be paid for somewhere, the fact its paid for may mean its a way of generating revenue, or  away of expanding the service infrastructure as demand increases, so its less likely to fall over due to demand and lack of investment.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Your looking at kit that the installers you have quotes from may have never fitted.

If you are really unsure from what we have said so far, the only other things I can think of is:-

Mesh, Texecom is Mesh based this maybe a good thing or it maybe a not so good thing.

Generally you need more devices to increase signal security, with the idea that devices talk to each other not just to the controls.

In a normal house the mesh will make little difference either should work fine.

Range of devices, I know that Texecom has a large range of kit from Outdoor PIR's, DT's, Smokes, PA's ....

As for others I don't know them well enough to comment on there range of kit.

Thanks all, I think I'm just complicating matters. I didn't have any clue initially and these were the systems proposed by the installers, so I'd hope they have experience with them.

And I can see why some people would go got aesthetics or ease of use, while others would prioritise money - it's all subjective.

I'm really grateful, though, you've been v helpful and given me a lot to think about!

• 3 months later...