Security Installer Community

Hkc, Pyronix Homecontrol+ Or Texecom For Reliability?

catvin

Hi all

I'm loving this forum and would really appreciate your advice. 

I've been looking at wireless, 2-way, professionally installed alarms with the option to control remotely via app (for 4-bed house). Price isn't as important to me as reliability, so I'd really like your opinion on which of the following is likely to cause the fewest headaches (because of part failure, app failure, false alarms etc):

- HKC 1070

- Pyronix Enforcer HomeControl+

- Texecom Premier

All the reps have seemed fairly decent and knowledgeable, so I don't feel particularly strongly about any of the companies. I also know I need to consider any annual maintenance fees.

But - if you forget about cost for now, which would you go for (or not)?

Thanks

Thanks, but I don't really know how to tell the difference between installers, tbh. I've looked for local firms who are NSI or SSAIB approved, and other than checking their website, looking for reviews and questioning the guy who comes to quote, I'm not really sure what I can do.

I've liked most of them, they've spec'd it the same, been clear in their answers and provided quotes with breakdowns. Which has led me back to kit... Also, I'd rather get the opinions of people who've actually installed/used these things rather than trust my own instincts... :-)

The usual advice is get at least three quotes from approved companies.

Choose the one you feel comfortable with and suits your needs, not necessarily the cheapest.

Have you also compared warranty periods, maintenance procedures and service costs?

Edited by sixwheeledbeast
grammar...

I have HKC at my own house too(removed my Dimension to install this), just coming up its first year and honestly its been faultless.

We also install Texecom and Enforcer and both are also pretty rock solid, but we've never used any of thier apps. 

egg03064.gif

Thanks, that's what I've done but I'd honestly be happy with all three of the installers and the costs aren't wildly different (even taking maintenance etc into account).

I'm more concerned with the cost of problems caused by unreliable systems. Or recommendations from people who use these. 

I've installed all 3, all have had some problems in 1 way or another. Personally I would go Texecom or HKC, I do think the Texecom is more user friendly and their App is free with no monthly charge, there is a monthly charge for the HKC App.

The opinions I express are mine and are usually correct!

(Except when I'm wrong)(which I'm not)

I've installed all 3, all have had some problems in 1 way or another. Personally I would go Texecom or HKC, I do think the Texecom is more user friendly and their App is free with no monthly charge, there is a monthly charge for the HKC App.

i think the hkc is more friendly for the user but overall agree

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

1070 here, I rate the Texe kit but we dont install it unless its a special request. The 1070 is very reliable mines been in for a couple of years with no problems, and we have been installing the 1070 for about three years now.

You need to ask your possible installers how much they are going to charge you per month for the Securecomm service, there are different prices for different levels and if over wifi or gsm.

The opinions I express are mine and are usually correct!

(Except when I'm wrong)(which I'm not)

Maybe your hkc installer has included the securcom in your monthly maintenance option

I think hkc would overtake texecom in a big way if there app had a free version

But like you said money isnt the issue

Thanks everyone, it's really helpful to get your views.

I also meant to ask if you'd recommend anything else instead. I began looking at other posts and am now wondering about Siemens.

(...or should I not bother and just make decision between Texecom and HKC.)

Dont think you should over complicate your choices.

As for which panel is the best fit, that depends on what you want it to do and if you want to integrate into home automation etc.

If you want to differentiate between the offerings, ask what solution is offering the best value and what about future expansion/ integration.

I install Texecom and Risco equipment as my prefered and had the odd glitch and nothing major long term issues, installed a few enforcers but not the homecontrol and had no issues but they were pretty basic installs, not done HKC.

Some of my customers choose by how it looks to them, or just price beaters.

paying for the HKC app may sound like a bad thing, but the service has to be paid for somewhere, the fact its paid for may mean its a way of generating revenue, or  away of expanding the service infrastructure as demand increases, so its less likely to fall over due to demand and lack of investment.

Your looking at kit that the installers you have quotes from may have never fitted.

If you are really unsure from what we have said so far, the only other things I can think of is:-

Mesh, Texecom is Mesh based this maybe a good thing or it maybe a not so good thing.

Generally you need more devices to increase signal security, with the idea that devices talk to each other not just to the controls.

In a normal house the mesh will make little difference either should work fine.

Range of devices, I know that Texecom has a large range of kit from Outdoor PIR's, DT's, Smokes, PA's ....

As for others I don't know them well enough to comment on there range of kit.

Thanks all, I think I'm just complicating matters. I didn't have any clue initially and these were the systems proposed by the installers, so I'd hope they have experience with them.

And I can see why some people would go got aesthetics or ease of use, while others would prioritise money - it's all subjective.

I'm really grateful, though, you've been v helpful and given me a lot to think about!