Security Installer Community

Hkc, Pyronix Homecontrol+ Or Texecom For Reliability?

catvin

Hi all

I'm loving this forum and would really appreciate your advice. 

I've been looking at wireless, 2-way, professionally installed alarms with the option to control remotely via app (for 4-bed house). Price isn't as important to me as reliability, so I'd really like your opinion on which of the following is likely to cause the fewest headaches (because of part failure, app failure, false alarms etc):

- HKC 1070

- Pyronix Enforcer HomeControl+

- Texecom Premier

All the reps have seemed fairly decent and knowledgeable, so I don't feel particularly strongly about any of the companies. I also know I need to consider any annual maintenance fees.

But - if you forget about cost for now, which would you go for (or not)?

Thanks

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks, but I don't really know how to tell the difference between installers, tbh. I've looked for local firms who are NSI or SSAIB approved, and other than checking their website, looking for reviews and questioning the guy who comes to quote, I'm not really sure what I can do.

I've liked most of them, they've spec'd it the same, been clear in their answers and provided quotes with breakdowns. Which has led me back to kit... Also, I'd rather get the opinions of people who've actually installed/used these things rather than trust my own instincts... :-)

The usual advice is get at least three quotes from approved companies.

Choose the one you feel comfortable with and suits your needs, not necessarily the cheapest.

Have you also compared warranty periods, maintenance procedures and service costs?

Edited by sixwheeledbeast
grammar...

I have HKC at my own house too(removed my Dimension to install this), just coming up its first year and honestly its been faultless.

We also install Texecom and Enforcer and both are also pretty rock solid, but we've never used any of thier apps. 

egg03064.gif

Thanks, that's what I've done but I'd honestly be happy with all three of the installers and the costs aren't wildly different (even taking maintenance etc into account).

I'm more concerned with the cost of problems caused by unreliable systems. Or recommendations from people who use these.