Security Installer Community

Tavcom Intruder Course

WDT

Hi Everyone

I was asked to report back as such on the intruder course i did last week

Well my brain does hurt a bit and no thats not from a hit on the head but from ohms law :-

I found the course very good from a point of view I am new to it all there was theory and calculations and class room based practical to get you to wire up what you have just learnt.

Some home work :shy:  to show where you would put sensors, control panel and keypad plus warning devices which you then had to write a proposal with each circuit details and location.

The guy who took the course was very good answered questions as they come up also had a good sense of humor.

Talked about the standards and why they are there i.e for acpo thats not acpo anymore but thats what everyone still calls them :-

You get to wire up using double pole and FSL and program the panel.

Commision the panel like doing all circuit checks, battery test, mains test, correct power at sensors and so on filling out the paper work correctly

The week went fast but had a lot of fun

Thanks Wayne

Done my full training diploma at Tavcom and couldn't rate it any higher. Great staff, training and location. Marwell is a nice hotel and I walked away expanding my knowledge!

Did they not tell you about Unlucky Room 7?

We did 2 CCTV courses there, TBH the 1st weeks training was good although the portacabin smelled of sewage.

The second weeks training which was the 'advanced' course, they fobbed us off with a course folder that had 'Part 2 - Advanced' on the cover

but the contents were a reprint of part 1, by their own admission, and they stated it 'would follow'. It didn't.

The Marwell Hotel is grim

Which probably explains the above-average number of suicides...

Edited by datadiffusion

So, I've decided to take my work back underground.... to stop it falling into the wrong hands

Did they not tell you about Unlucky Room 7?

We did 2 CCTV courses there, TBH the 1st weeks training was good although the portacabin smelled of sewage.

The second weeks training which was the 'advanced' course, they fobbed us off with a course folder that had 'Part 2 - Advanced' on the cover

but the contents were a reprint of part 1, by their own admission, and they stated it 'would follow'. It didn't.

Which probably explains the above-average number of suicides...

Do tell

is it still in the portacabin outside the ropey hotel?

Its on a industral estate in a building not a porta cabin and is in bishops waltham

Is Fully Supervised Loop same as End of Line?

Is this to see if i paid attention or a real question :-

Its on a industral estate in a building not a porta cabin and is in bishops waltham

Ah, fair play they've reinvested the profits.

Back then it was in a portacabin in the grounds of a ropey hotel nr. Portsmouth.

So, I've decided to take my work back underground.... to stop it falling into the wrong hands