My 1St Camera Installation,problems

ezki1

Hi guys,

Fitted my first camera job today in brothers house,

dvr is a hikvision turbo

x 2 cameras are hdtvi cameras,

we originally set up on a bench  to test everything and all fine ,

so we installed today, powered up first camera and everything fine,

powered up second camera and both images are getting a ghostly rolling image of each other ?

Both cameras are wired independently in cat6, with baluns.

Each camera works fine when the other is not booted up, problem is only when both powerd up.

Cameras are powered by a 12v 5a inline transformer with 4 way splitter ( obviously only 2 being used).

I have powered one camera from the transformer and the other from my test monitor which helps greatly but still a faint image on both sides. Unsure what to do now, any help would be great thanks.

All connections have been checked and rechecked.

timmo66, it helps a great deal, but the problem is still there but very faint.

shieldssecurity, i assume your talking about the balun side of things, would it not work at all if you got the video pos neg mixed up, as when you dis one camera the other camera works fine, its only when they are both plugged into the dvr, ( i have tried different combinations of channels).

Ez

What he's possibly asking is if you u twisted all the pair's and got the legs mixed up, although I understand what you mean to

Is the cat6 shielded? As on bench length would short , others here have mentioned about this

Extra to above

Ghostly image may be result of wrong end of line termination of video signal. Any T-BNC in the system or loop through devices like monitors?

I also would check transformer what may not provide decent noise filtration. Power up both cameras form battery source.

The same thing happened to me once when I used twisted pair. I used blue/white and orange/white for one balun and white/blue and white/orange for the other and got ghosting.

when I kept both blues on one balun and both oranges on the other, the problem was sorted..

"25 years of experience has taught us to care about the smaller jobs and given us the expertise to succeed in the larger ones"