Security Installer Community

Remote Reset Setup

chrisburgin

hi guys, one thing the company I work for is looking to add into all existing systems to cut down on the number of out of hours phone calls is to allow remote reset by the alarm monitoring station. We use mostly telecom and Galaxy panels and mostly emizons and dual coms for reporting. Any information about any additional wiring and settings required would be good as my alarm system experience is limited and this is something I have never had to do previously.

Thanks

Chris

Unless I'm mistaken, I think the OP may be talking about the old redcare reset style ie hard wired from communicator to panel.

The Texecom panels have a dedicated remote reset terminal adjacent to the digicom outputs which would be wired through the aux relay on the dualcom/emizon. Not sure on the Galaxy, perhaps there's a zone type for it.

Trade Member

so what you guys are saying is that there is simply a setting in the settings on both the galaxy and texecom panels to which will work with the units that sit on the data line. but for the older types with the digicom pin inputs i am assumint this would be more difficult than this?