Security Installer Community

Ddns

timmo66

in the past when I've had to use DDNS services they are provided by DVR/NVR manufacturer. Ones I've used in the past are Samsung and Hik.

they've always worked perfectly and to this day they are still connected. I assume the external IP is changing on a regular basis but the DDNS service automatically updates it.

i am testing a tp link nano router at home in order to create a hardwired Ethernet connection at my alarm panel, wirelessly from my EE router.

worked a treat but the other day could not connect. my external ip had changed but no-ip had not automatically updated it. am I missing something here?

or is this a limitation of free DDNS services?

We use both DynDns and No-IP services with our own domain names.

Ive just recently migrated around 80 clients over to No-IP and have had s few updating issues

I much prefer DynDns but since there change in charges I looked at the alternative.

I have 43 Pro accounts with 32 in each of them that used to be annual charge of £18'ish each

DynDns now charge monthly at twice the price, that's why im looking migrating

Edited by PSE

I registered for a free one to see how it performed. failed at the first hurdle really.

do you not host your own James rather than using other people's services?

I looled at it but seemed to much effort for the gain, plus dvr's etc only support certain account types

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

I assume the you have entered the no-ip details in your EE routers ddns section and not the tp link nano

If it doesnt have one then you can run an updater program on a pc/laptop, it's called Homing Beacon

Edited by breff

The opinions I express are mine and are usually correct!

(Except when I'm wrong)(which I'm not)

set my clients up the free no ip ones and whilst theres not millions out there I havent had any problems with noip.

after 28 days of no change the free no ip account emails you to manually activate it or lose it.

set this up with routers or DVR/NVR's,only problem I do have is one system using Sky service keeps resetting the port forwarding when its updated.

I can see from the no ip that the ip has updated, and just go in and reset the port forwarding in the sky router and everythings back to normal.

Just wish the sky router stopped rebooting/ upgrading and wiping the details out.