Security Installer Community

Mobotix

renatosk

Hello there, I've been wondering if anyone here is using Mobotix IP video systems? Just curious, as I'm coming from abroad and don't know the market here well. I have a good knowledge in Network video, especially Mobotix, who knows maybe someone could need a hand on a job...

Well, at least that's a life sign :thumbsup: So what is popular here in terms of IP video? I can't imagine Indigovision, I used to be an authorised partner back in the days, they said at sales training if you come accross Mobotix as an counter offer, walk away, they're far to cheap to compete with...

we use mobotix, just reading your statement

they said at sales training if you come accross Mobotix as an counter offer, walk away, they're far to cheap to compete with...

Cheap what are you comparing them with?

www.nova-security.co.uk

www.nsiapproved.co.uk

No PMs please unless i know you or you are using this board with your proper name.

Well as I mentioned, I used to be an authorised partner for Indigovision http://www.indigovision.com/back in Croatia, had a really hard time to compete with an competitor who was installing Mobotix. I needed a good integrated solution with hundreds of IP cameras, access control and burglar alarm centrally monitored for a large shoping mall and back in 2009 full integration was mainly Genetec or Indigovision, although both expesive as hell... I started to use Mobotix when I moved to Canada, the system was not popular there but I did my fair share, it has uniqe functionalities that still set it appart form others

I did some training on Mobotix a few years ago and I think there is no doubt that its really good kit, but my feeling back then was that is was a semi-niche product due to costs and way it was built. Not sure whether this has changed much but most of the case studies they highlighted was the likes of docks and large open areas, i.e. extreme conditions and where you don't want to be replacing cameras after a few years.

I have always liked the products as it was probably my first real experience of IP cameras and the system seemed straight forward.

I love the two lenses in one camera but not really sure how cost effective this can be.

Craig

Well, at least that's a life sign :thumbsup: So what is popular here in terms of IP video? I can't imagine Indigovision, I used to be an authorised partner back in the days, they said at sales training if you come accross Mobotix as an counter offer, walk away, they're far to cheap to compete with...

I prefer Axis and Arecont high end, though I have dabbled with Mobotix, we installed a QM24 360 camera for one of our customers which was good, but a ball ache to make it work with our NVR/DVR.  Lower end its Hikvision (which is fast becoming a top brand) Dauhua I use quite a few Dynacolor/Optiva cameras nowadays. Indigo vision is a strange company closed protocol, they seem to rather lose work than sell to non authorised partners even when the customer is unhappy with the authorised partner, which in this day and age is almost suicidal for businesses in such a competitive market. Dont get me wrong I believe that the USP is not to be the cheapest, but it should not be do it our way or not at all at any cost.

I prefer Axis and Arecont high end, though I have dabbled with Mobotix, we installed a QM24 360 camera for one of our customers which was good, but a ball ache to make it work with our NVR/DVR.  Lower end its Hikvision (which is fast becoming a top brand) Dauhua I use quite a few Dynacolor/Optiva cameras nowadays. Indigo vision is a strange company closed protocol, they seem to rather lose work than sell to non authorised partners even when the customer is unhappy with the authorised partner, which in this day and age is almost suicidal for businesses in such a competitive market. Dont get me wrong I believe that the USP is not to be the cheapest, but it should not be do it our way or not at all at any cost.

Yeah I agree totaly, I've lost a lot of potential jobs to competitors although the system was outperforming them by lightyears. So later on I changed course and tried cheaper things too. I have made good experiences with Geovision as well, they now have a complete line of cheaper linux based NVR's up to enterprise level servers with raid storage. Also solutions for Licenseplate recognition and some analytics like people counting. Since two years or so they included an own line of access control which lacked a bit of functionality when first introduced, but it seems to have improved now. Honestly you can't beat the price of that system when it comes to integration with access. What I miss is though is an opion to integrate an intercom. Commercial buildings have always intercoms and Mobotix is great there.

Edited by renatosk

We mainly use Axis with Milestone for I.P, been a partner from the very beginning. Briefly tried Mobotix/Pelco/Bosch/Verint etc but they all seem to be playing catch up to Axis.

We've got some very large complex systems out there using analytic's and linking to various 3rd party systems.

Well not that it matters, but it have been companies like Indigovision, Mobotix and Axis who have been the pioneers of IP video technology. Axis has turned out to be a market trendsetter for quite a while but lately there are so many manufacturers out there that offer competitive, high quality products in that field that it is hard to catch up anymore. That is a good sign in my opinion, gives us installers more options and hopefully more and more clients will therefore go IP instead of analog, as apparently the number of installed analog system still outnumbers IP video systems in terms of new installed systems.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, We've used Mobotix and also found that they are quite niche/specific in how they work. Used Axis, clients like the name. they have a good reputation in the high end market. Hikvision is popular, but notoriously difficult to reach in case of issues, also they've started raising their prices recently and discontinued several of the key models we worked with. Started using Xanview in the last year, great interface and does a lot for what it costs. 

Hope this helps.