Security Installer Community

Texecom Premier Elite 24 Guard Access

Tex24

10 minutes ago, sixwheeledbeast said:

All devices to be armed in the system must be secure to arm. This is what part set arming delay is for.

Also you say Hallway is Zone 1 Guard Access, do you have any other devices on the entry route?

Hi. 
l don’t have any other devices on that route, just this one PIR. 

I was considering setting the Forced Arm attribute on and seeing if that would allow it. My Part Set Arming time is very short (approx 3 seconds) but this has never been an issue before as l had no device in the exit route before. 
l guess it would be best to increase the Part Set Arming delay to allow me time to walk past the PIR, but l can’t seem to find this option in the manual??

I have the exit delay set to 30 seconds but l’ve gone through all the timers (at least l believe l have) and there doesn’t seem to be one specific to Part Arm, although lm guessing it must be hidden in the menu structure somewhere....

Sorry, to be clear, l have an entry/exit set to the front door which is off the hallway. What l meant was that when setting the part set at night l don’t go past any other devices, just the downstairs hallway PIR as the upstairs ones are set to Omit 

Would you happen to know where l can change the part set timing from instant to timed and where the l can change the amount of time?

Ok, so l’ve finally sussed it in “Arming modes”.  Part set had originally been set to instant as there were no devices that triggered en-route from the keypad to the upstairs. Now that l have a device (PIR) there, there is. 
Ive set the Part Set arming mode to Timed and all is well, well nearly.....

The Exit time is set to 30 seconds to allow time on Full Set to walk to the front door, grab my keys, open/close door etc. 
When Part Setting l like to hear the setting chime so l know it’s done, however, that now takes 30 seconds, by which time lm in my bedroom. 
So, is there a way to have two timers? I.e. Full Set left at 30 seconds, Part Set at 10 seconds?

Edited by Dmc112

So if you have an Entry/Exit contact then you wouldn't use Timed for Area arm you would use Entry/Exit this requires no timer.

You have now found why your set failing on part with it being instant, so in combination with above you set the timer purely for the part set route.