Security Installer Community

Texecom Premier Elite 24 Guard Access

Tex24

Meh..... it almost sounds like the PIR's are staying active for way too long after you have walked past them, which kinda brings some obscure things up.

Are the PIR's fed directly from the AUX 12volt supply? 

Neither 12v or 0v wire is fed from any of the panel outputs?

Do the sensors operate correctly when you view them in engineer mode.  (Engineer utils....View zone status), do they go active and then back to secure reasonably quickly when you walk past them?

Your exit mode is definately TIMED? I.e the exit sound continues AFTER you shut the door behind you, couldn't be youve set 'Exit settle time' to zero and its arming when you shut the door? (with the pir's still active)

egg03064.gif

Meh..... it almost sounds like the PIR's are staying active for way too long after you have walked past them, which kinda brings some obscure things up.

Are the PIR's fed directly from the AUX 12volt supply? 

Neither 12v or 0v wire is fed from any of the panel outputs?

Do the sensors operate correctly when you view them in engineer mode.  (Engineer utils....View zone status), do they go active and then back to secure reasonably quickly when you walk past them?

Your exit mode is definately TIMED? I.e the exit sound continues AFTER you shut the door behind you, couldn't be youve set 'Exit settle time' to zero and its arming when you shut the door? (with the pir's still active)

the same Aux supply feeds all the PIRs.

no outputs used.

I am currently refitting the problen PIRs back to what was before i gave up as the answers are more promising.

i need a little time to answer your other questions

need the profile so we can stop guessing at possible causes, according to the post above only changed the zone settings.

at 2.15am still not seen them. (dont worry havent been awake allnight waiting for them just checking in when I woke up).

Would you give me a little time to send pics i now have so many profiles that I need to ensure the correct ones are sent and I have to revert PIRs back to original fixings as the solutions seem more promising. Will also send A diag showing the placement of all relevant components.

the same Aux supply feeds all the PIRs.

no outputs used.

I am currently refitting the problen PIRs back to what was before i gave up as the answers are more promising.

i need a little time to answer your other questions

Would you give me a little time to send pics i now have so many profiles that I need to ensure the correct ones are sent and I have to revert PIRs back to original fixings as the solutions seem more promising. Will also send A diag showing the placement of all relevant components.

Truly I have just sent the pics and restored the PIRs
Appreciated thank you
Edited by Tex24

To all those who replied to my post thank you. I know that i did not reply to all of them but i needed to focus on one line of action which for a newbie was quite intensive.

The fault has been cleared now and for those interested enough i will report back after walk tests and part arm etc are completed.

i am not entirely clear why it became good however at the moment i would surmise that it was not a configuration reason, however i had configured it incorrectly and only because of indispensable generous technical assistance from Secureiam  is it now configured correctly.

Update, he had changed a lot of settings without understanding there implications and just put things back to how they should be with the zones programed for the appropriate function and wiring type.

So the panel was arming in 10 seconds (instant), exit settle time was set to 10 seconds, rather than the 30 seconds programed for exit. if you hadn't exited within the exit settle time the panel was failing to arm, if leaving immediately after starting the arming process the alarm panel set.

Picked up by listening to the arming process over the phone. Not always easy to convey via forum or email.

Problem at that point was keypad having a different address than they thought and that keypad address had no area assigned (so trying to arm instantly), assigned keypad to area A and then it behaved as it needs to.

20 + plus zones wired up eol, given other posts on here don't sound so bad from a complete diyer.

Edited by secureiam

Whoopee!! I have a superb fully working Texecom system. I can recite the Texecom installation manual off by heart but I still do not understand how it works.

just a note about importing profiles from defaults or third parties.

If you have correctly addressed two keyboards to your panel and these addresses are working fine but are not default eg) Add1 and Add 3.

When importing a profile from defaults or third parties, then those addresses will be changed to Add1 and Add2 which would of course then be a mismatch.

This is something while simple in concept  may not be something which is picked up or checked  from the profile sender or the profile receiver.

I am still documenting my journey from faulty to good  installation and will post again when complete. This may help Newbies and their issues . ( I  am now an expert of course. LOL)

• 5 years later...

Tex24, did you ever resolve this?

I installed my alarm (Premier24) a few years ago. I recently knocked two downstairs rooms in to one so had a ‘redundant’  PIR. It was a simple re-route to have the PIR look at the bottom of the stairs, the idea being to set it to Guard Access so would set off the timed entry warning to remind me/the kids to disable the Part Alarm as they go downstairs (too many false triggers when they forget). 

l now have the same issue whereby if knset the Part Alarm and still still by the keypad all is good, once set if l move the entry warning triggers and l can unset the alarm without triggering it. 
The problem is that if l Part Set the alarm and then walk past the PIR on my way to the stairs the alarm won’t set and it comes up with a ‘Zone 1 (Hallway) alarm fail’??  
It seems that when the PIR is triggered, it stays triggered for 3-4 seconds before the LEDs go off again. If the LEDs are alight as the alarm sets, it comes up with an Alarm Fail. 

l think an easy solution/get around would be to delay the Part Arm set, this would allow me to walk past the PIR, triggering it and then allowing the 3 second delay for the LEDs to drop off, but l can’t seem to find this on the keypad menu. That said, l don’t know why l can’t set the Part Arm with the Hallway PIR triggered when set to Guard Access as surely that’s what’s for...?? (by the way, all my attributes are */off)

On 03/09/2015 at 17:26, sixwheeledbeast said:

You can't that would defeat the object of the alarm.

All devices to be armed in the system must be secure to arm. This is what part set arming delay is for.

Also you say Hallway is Zone 1 Guard Access, do you have any other devices on the entry route?

10 minutes ago, sixwheeledbeast said:

All devices to be armed in the system must be secure to arm. This is what part set arming delay is for.

Also you say Hallway is Zone 1 Guard Access, do you have any other devices on the entry route?

Hi. 
l don’t have any other devices on that route, just this one PIR. 

I was considering setting the Forced Arm attribute on and seeing if that would allow it. My Part Set Arming time is very short (approx 3 seconds) but this has never been an issue before as l had no device in the exit route before. 
l guess it would be best to increase the Part Set Arming delay to allow me time to walk past the PIR, but l can’t seem to find this option in the manual??

I have the exit delay set to 30 seconds but l’ve gone through all the timers (at least l believe l have) and there doesn’t seem to be one specific to Part Arm, although lm guessing it must be hidden in the menu structure somewhere....

Sorry, to be clear, l have an entry/exit set to the front door which is off the hallway. What l meant was that when setting the part set at night l don’t go past any other devices, just the downstairs hallway PIR as the upstairs ones are set to Omit 

Would you happen to know where l can change the part set timing from instant to timed and where the l can change the amount of time?

Ok, so l’ve finally sussed it in “Arming modes”.  Part set had originally been set to instant as there were no devices that triggered en-route from the keypad to the upstairs. Now that l have a device (PIR) there, there is. 
Ive set the Part Set arming mode to Timed and all is well, well nearly.....

The Exit time is set to 30 seconds to allow time on Full Set to walk to the front door, grab my keys, open/close door etc. 
When Part Setting l like to hear the setting chime so l know it’s done, however, that now takes 30 seconds, by which time lm in my bedroom. 
So, is there a way to have two timers? I.e. Full Set left at 30 seconds, Part Set at 10 seconds?

Edited by Dmc112

So if you have an Entry/Exit contact then you wouldn't use Timed for Area arm you would use Entry/Exit this requires no timer.

You have now found why your set failing on part with it being instant, so in combination with above you set the timer purely for the part set route.