Security Installer Community

Texecom Premier Elite 24 Guard Access

Tex24

Check in.....

Global options....... system config...... 15 - Hide Exit Errors

Sounds more like that is set to 'view exit error' which would prevent the arming even starting if you had zones open.

Good idea however

15- view exit errors is unticked

so not the problem thank you

are these pirs in alarm all the time

what did diy tech support say?

PIRs are working correctly and only in alarm when sensing movement.

I am writing to tech support

thank you

seriously pirs on the exit route set to guard access and they should work, if you have been playing with the attributes, get to the keypad, go to zone setup, go to the zone and put the zone to not used and then back to guardaccess and leave alone do this for the zones affected and then try again.

If a guard zone is active during the set it will say that its preventing it from arming a guard access wont as it is expected to be active as its on the exit route.

Sounds like you need professional help to look into what is happening as the whole story just isn't there at the moment.

I was always found texecom menus weird lol although if you have little experience then it can be done

As above quicker to get it programmed and perhaps save the profile somewhere and have another play with it yourself

seriously pirs on the exit route set to guard access and they should work, if you have been playing with the attributes, get to the keypad, go to zone setup, go to the zone and put the zone to not used and then back to guardaccess and leave alone do this for the zones affected and then try again.

If a guard zone is active during the set it will say that its preventing it from arming a guard access wont as it is expected to be active as its on the exit route.

Sounds like you need professional help to look into what is happening as the whole story just isn't there at the moment.

As noted in my first post setting the PIRs to NOT USED solves the problem and the system arms OK however this is not what I want as the PIRs are there to add protection to the KB near the entry door. resetting the PIRs to Guard Access brings back the problem. i have also powered down the system twice then loading defaults then loading profile which should work. All to no avail. it appears to me that it is not possible to have a PIR watching the exit KB whatever the settings.

how did you reset them back to guard access?  did you use the keypad, select the zone in zone setup, press no then select guard access and then press yes?

or did you use wintex to send your settings across.

Yes i used wintex to update to guard Access then I retrieved the settings from the system board to ensure the settings had been transmitted.

also i used the keypad to check that the PIRs were set to guard Access in case wintex was misleading me.

I have not SET the PIRs to Guard Access using the keyboard only checked the setting as i mentioned.

how did you reset them back to guard access?  did you use the keypad, select the zone in zone setup, press no then select guard access and then press yes?

or did you use wintex to send your settings across.

More info on what happens

Results are as follows.

TEST 1)

Do you want to arm system- YES

Area in Exit

door opened and exit made.

Outside I can tell that arm has failed because the strobe flashes which does not occur if system is armed OK.

On entry

KB reads system Alerts Area Arm Fail Hall PIR.( The PIR overlooking the KB when attempting to set arm.)

The message actually reads Zone 3 Hall PIR (Active or not Active depending if I move about or not)

TEST 2)

Do you want to arm system- YES

Area in Exit

I hide from PIR active region and do not exit.

After a time AREA FULL ARMED A

I then unhide from the PIR and it senses me

Area in Alarm Zone 3 Hall PIR