Security Installer Community

Honeywell G2-20 Final Exit

Honey-Well

Were getting an alarm enginer to do some updatea and I would like clarification of honeywells g2 zone programs.

Our property has a front door, leading to a small vestibule, which then leads to a second 'internal' door which leads into the hall. The keypad (a MK7) is located in the vestibule, between those two doors. The vestibule also contains a PIR.

When leaving the property, we want to terminate the exit countdown on closing the front external door (or initiate countdown on opening the door) and therefore the front external door has been specified as a'final exit zone.'

However, we also want the vestibule PIR to be active during part set and night set modes on our G2-20 panel. We want that PIR to trigger the entry/exit process when we enter the vestibule to disarm via the keypad in the morning.

As this 'morning disarm ' process doesn't require us to open the front external door (programmed as final exit), does this mean an installer cannot programm that PIR to 'entry/exit.' Doing so would result in an instant alarm as the external door (final zone) had not been opened beforehand and therefore that PIR would be functioning as an intruder zone.

What would be the result of programming that PIR AND the external doors mag-contact, both as 'final zone.'

Can PIRs even be used as a final exit zone.

Apologies for the horrendous grammar. Blame it on stubby fingers and a small phone.

The vestibule PIR can be programmed as final exit too in part guard.  Depending how big a vestibule you have my concern would be false alarms caused by opening the front door and the PIR activating before the contact on the front door dropped out.

Practice in the morning, practice at night. Practice in the evening, until you get it right.

Only make sure you are practising in the right way at the right time for it.

The vestibule PIR can be programmed as final exit too in part guard. Depending how big a vestibule you have my concern would be false alarms caused by opening the front door and the PIR activating before the contact on the front door dropped out.

It should work fine, pir problem might occur if it's something like active 8

if you program it as final it wont work. if you proram the pir as final triggering it will cause it terminate the setting process and you may still be there or in the hallway.

program it as exit and when the galaxy is part set it will make the exit zone an it will becvome an entry zone in part set

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

Thanks all, this help is great.

if you program it as final it wont work. if you proram the pir as final triggering it will cause it terminate the setting process and you may still be there or in the hallway.

program it as exit and when the galaxy is part set it will make the exit zone an it will becvome an entry zone in part set

Just had a look at the programming manual James and I believe that what you've mentioned is my best option. So my installer can program the front door contact zone as 'Final Zone' and specify it also as an terminate entry/exit zone. But, program the PIR to entry/exit (without the terminate command.) If I walk into the vestibule, having not opened the front door, the PIR will initiate the entry/exit tones first?

Have a chat with your engineer about the possibilites of putting a push button (won't bother explaining), it's not more that a door bell press outside the front door and weigh up the options with him, he is the best person to advise you on this otherwise the issue may result in you being more confused.

On timed set?

Yes it will work but as Charlie said the engineer who sets it up will know the sites circumstances and the appropriote programming for the best use of the customer and he will also spend time training the customer to ensure it works to his satisfaction. The chances are there will be a pir in the hall so that would be programmed to start the entry time when coming to unset the system in part set.

Practice in the morning, practice at night. Practice in the evening, until you get it right.

Only make sure you are practising in the right way at the right time for it.