Security Installer Community

Scantronic R500 Alarm Rf Supervision Failure

Skj10001

Hello SKJ, Although I mentioned that 418 is fairly wide, I'm sorry to inform you that even the newer narrow band, were you to buy brand new, at a phenomenol cost if it was trade installed, would not cure your present problem.

Not sure I follow this at all. OP, you would be able to replace this system with confidence, as I have personally never known a 816MHz system suffer from accidental jamming.

Especially with 2-way wireless or Mesh wireless (from Texecom) where the components are regularly 'polled' and alternative routing is potentially available (with mesh types).

A new system need not cost the earth and would give peace of mind and confidence in the system performing when it actually needs to.

So, I've decided to take my work back underground.... to stop it falling into the wrong hands

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello SKJ, I'm sorry but I need to leave this post. I trust you shall not allow yourself to become too confused. Before doing so however, let me ask you the distance between your front door and the main road and also whereabouts on your property the control panel is mounted and it's distance from the main road. Having received that information (which I am fairly sure of without the answers) You shall most definitely be in the same position were you to buy new equipment.

Hello SKJ, I'll see if you have replied to my post later, in the meantime try not to allow deliberate confusion over the original issue to cloud your thinking. I shall be moving on shortly, possibly today since my research project is completed, so I'll wish you the best of luck in all you do. Thanks for the honour of allowing me to be of some help. Best Wishes.

Hello SKJ, I'm sorry but I need to leave this post. I trust you shall not allow yourself to become too confused. Before doing so however, let me ask you the distance between your front door and the main road and also whereabouts on your property the control panel is mounted and it's distance from the main road. Having received that information (which I am fairly sure of without the answers) You shall most definitely be in the same position were you to buy new equipment.

Hi,

The control panel is in the hot press at the top of the stairs. There is a sensor less than 0.5 metres away The secondary alarm panel is at the front door. There is a sensor in the hallway approx 4metres straight in front of the front door. The stairs are to the left, approx 15 steps.

The house is 2 story, in a cul de sac of 4 (only 1 with an alarm system) , facing toward the 'internal road' of the housing development which leads to the other houses.

The Housing development is located 0.2 miles from the main road, off a roundabout, down a road which has no other houses or developments except playing fields (only used Sat) 

On entering the development there are 4 houses either side, then you approach a small t-junction, my property is in the cul de sac to the right.

Cars can by pass the cul-de-sac to continue on towards the other houses (approx 300 houses.) and visa vera.

From observing in the evenings there is regular traffic, nothing noisy or trucks/mini vans, motorbikes and very few taxis.

Thanks in advance. It is hard to describe without actually giving out my address

Not sure I follow this at all. OP, you would be able to replace this system with confidence, as I have personally never known a 816MHz system suffer from accidental jamming.

Especially with 2-way wireless or Mesh wireless (from Texecom) where the components are regularly 'polled' and alternative routing is potentially available (with mesh types).

A new system need not cost the earth and would give peace of mind and confidence in the system performing when it actually needs to.

Sounds about right

"...Especially with 2-way wireless..." It doesn't exist. I mesh detectors are supposedly able to transceive one to the other but that's about it really, won't solve the current problem... and no one appears to be addressing that problem at the moment. I'll make a suggestion to you SKJ, make an offer to anyone on this forum, anyone.

' I shall purchase a brand new wireless system of anyone's choosing provided that in a written contract they agree to refund my money in full plus £100 inconvenience fee if there is a false alarm at my premises due to 'jamming' within the first twelve months from the date of installation '

There shall be many replies to this post. Sadly I shall not be around to see those amusing replies.

Best Wishes SKJ.

lol ok good

you have made your viewpoint from a clear lack of understanding. Im glad ur moving on cos some may actually think you have a rough idea on what ur on about. Its clear to me that you dont. Old school knowledge has its place with modern views. Its clear you have neither.

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

Hi, I think this topic has become a little side tracked. Just to say thank you for all the advise given.

Unfortunately or fortunately when observing tonight with the house in full alarm, zone4 triggered an alarm, twice.

This us the landing sensor, I was in a bedroom near by out of sight, I inspected the sensor and surrounding area...no insects etc.

I am going to call out the installer as "rf trouble" was no indicated this time.

Thank you for the advise, I think we can close this thread now.